Paramount+ to Raise Subscription Prices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Paramount Global will raise the monthly subscription price for its rebranded streaming service Paramount+ with Showtime in the third quarter of 2023

The cost of the advertising-free premium streaming plan will rise from $9.99 per month for Paramount+ to $11.99 for Paramount+ with Showtime, while the essential plan with advertising will see a price hike from $4.99 a month to $5.99.

These price changes will apply to new and existing customers upon launch of the integrated Paramount and Showtime offering.

I had it until recently and there were some good things on it. The one reason I liked it was due to a "glitch" in the system I was able to get WCCO Minneapolis as my "local" (when I put in my zip it gave me both WCCO and my true local KEYC Mankato) and WCCO would show different NFL games than KEYC so extra NFL for me :)

I may have to try this again. I only watched a few episodes before giving up.

Strange New Worlds is the real gem. Picard has some real tough spots to get through, but the Borg stuff lets me forgive a lot from last season.

This current season though brings back damn near the entire TNG cast and brings the Titan to the small screen! Riker's ship he commanded for a long time in books, it's been reimagined into a new version of the Constitution class (Neo-Constitution)

Fo3xCMMaIAEQIdZ

Kinda hope this season serves as a backdoor pilot for a Titan show...

Reactions: DaveKL69
Strange New Worlds is the real gem. Picard has some real tough spots to get through, but the Borg stuff lets me forgive a lot from last season.

This current season though brings back damn near the entire TNG cast and brings the Titan to the small screen! Riker's ship he commanded for a long time in books, it's been reimagined into a new version of the Constitution class (Neo-Constitution)

Fo3xCMMaIAEQIdZ

Kinda hope this season serves as a backdoor pilot for a Titan show...
I forgot about that one also. I did watch a season or two of it.

My Paramount+ subscription renews in a few weeks so I will miss the new rates for one year.

Reactions: Mr Tony
From an email I received today, looks like this is a price decrease for me:

DEAR CUSTOMER
Great news! As of 2/16/23, the price of your Paramount+ Premium with SHOWTIME® plan has DECREASED, from $14.99/month or $149.99/year, to $11.99/month or $119.99/year. This is the new, low price for the Premium with SHOWTIME® plan. The pricing change will go into effect at the start of your next billing cycle.

From an email I received today, looks like this is a price decrease for me:
Same for me, except my price was $129.99 since I upgraded when there was a promo, so a drop of $10.

So, if you pay for the year in advance, $10 a month, since they will be adding Big Ten Football ( along with Peacock this fall), it is a must have service for me.

Also, I keep thinking they will get rid of all the promo codes, but it seems to be working since they added another 9 million to the service, just reported.

If people were just doing a free month and leaving, I would assume their growth would be a lot less, but this year alone, about 20 million net adds to the service.