Paramount +

I have only the Redeem Gift Card. There is no link to click on for Redeem Coupon. It also shows I am already on the 50% off plan, so perhaps that's the difference.
No, thats the same as what I had originally ...
Log Out of your Paramount plus, then close the browser, open it back up, go to Paramount plus.com, you will see the webpage and the offer, (as long as your Not logged in, you should see the offer), once you see it, go to the Sign In (top right) , sign in with your current log in, then go to your Account, scroll down and it will say Redeem Coupon (instead of Redeem Gift Card) ... put Sports or Fall in the coupon section and enter.

Ps, where your seeing your 1/2 off is your Current plan, you got half off last year. I had the same issue.

where your seeing your 1/2 off is your Current plan, you got half off last year. I had the same issue.
Yes, the current play is 1/2 off. If you had the same situation and still could click on Redeem Coupon. I will try the only thing I didn't try yet, and that was to close the browser.

Yes, the current play is 1/2 off. If you had the same situation and still could click on Redeem Coupon. I will try the only thing I didn't try yet, and that was to close the browser.
IF ...that doesn't work Call 888-274-5343 they will walk you thru it.

I think the whole issue is that you may have been Logged in at the time ...
when your logged in, you won't see the 1/2 off deal I don't believe.

I basically was on the phone with them, to see what offers they would offer.
She had me log out and then go to the page with the offer (Paramountplus.com)
Once your Not logged in, it will offer you.

You could also try an Incognito mode, I think that would work as well.

I basically was on the phone with them, to see what offers they would offer.
She had me log out and then go to the page with the offer (Paramountplus.com)
Once your Not logged in, it will offer you.

You could also try an Incognito mode, I think that would work as well.
I was logged in, went to my account , the option for coupon code was there, so for the heck of it, i decided to see what would happen, entered SPORTS, accepted.

It now says
Discount. 50% off for 1 Year

My year is not up till March and I pay with Gift Cards ( have a balance), so we will see if I actually get the discount in 6 months.

I was logged in, went to my account , the option for coupon code was there, so for the heck of it, i decided to see what would happen, entered SPORTS, accepted.

It now says
Discount. 50% off for 1 Year

My year is not up till March and I pay with Gift Cards ( have a balance), so we will see if I actually get the discount in 6 months.
My Annual isn't up till Nov, she said my new one will start in Nov and it will be $60 (1/2 price) no charges till then (at least I haven't seen one hit my card yet)

Bruce,
You'll probably see a Paramount charge for $1.00 and they will refund it as well.
Its kinda place holder I guess.

That's the only way forward so far as I can tell.
I see the offer when not logged in; I just can't access it when I am logged in. There is no "redeem coupon". Only "redeem gift card" shows up and it wants a PIN.

I see the offer when not logged in; I just can't access it when I am logged in. There is no "redeem coupon". Only "redeem gift card" shows up and it wants a PIN.
Then it thinks you have already gotten the deal before.

You can create a new account using a different email and credit card. Then you should see the deal when logged in.

Reactions: TheKrell
That's the only way forward so far as I can tell.

Click on the link when your Not logged in, proceed till it asks you to log in, then you'll see the Redeem Coupon.

That offer ends 9-20, might want to call them and have them walk you thru it.

Reactions: TheKrell
I just tried it and it offered me 1/2 off a full year. It even prefilled the coupon code with "fall". This was from an account where I used the free trial and cancelled before the trial was over.

However, when I tried it from an account that I had actually subscribed and paid for a few months it didn't let me have the same offer.

I did a free trial of Paramount+ with Showtime for 30 days and when I went to cancel just before the the 30 days was up so that I didn't get billed, it offered me 2 more free months. So I took it.

It's been great for my local CBS station which has issues on my indoor OTA. The other thing I like about it is what they have for music documentaries. I've watched a few of them and they're always well produced.

The other thing I like about it is what they have for music documentaries. I've watched a few of them and they're always well produced.
I thought the Clapton one was terrible. Not nearly enough footage. Kept going back to already used material.

Just as I said here-

If anyone was going to do a big purchase of Paramount, has to someone with a lot of cash to help control the rates, Apple for example.

Comcast cash on hand is about $8 billion, Apple is $202 billion.
Guess who is up for sale and rumors from work is Apple is the strongest possibility and would merge Apple TV into it.

But, as the link says, all three, Google, Apple and Amazon are possibilities since they are the only companies with cash right now, I personally do not see Google doing it or Amazon, but no matter what I hear from work, Apple is always brought up when these deals are written about, for example, Apple has been rumored to be buying Disney for years now.

Why it may be more of a maybe this time, Debt is only $15 Billion, assets are valued at $55 Billion, revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2023 was $29.928B,

While Warner/ Discovery, debt at $44 Billion, assets are valued at $128 Billion , revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2023 was $41.889B, only $12 Billion more then Paramount, but it should be more then that considering assets are about $80 Billion more.

Warner’s Market Cap-$25 Billion

Paramount-$7.6 Billion.

Executives at Paramount Global continue to hold out hope that a large technology company, such as Apple, Amazon or Alphabet, will view the collection of assets as a way to bolster their content aspirations, according to people familiar with the matter.

Paramount+’s 61 million subscribers could help supersize an existing streaming service such as Apple TV+ or Amazon’s Prime Video, or give Alphabet’s YouTube a bigger foothold into subscription streaming beyond the National Football League’s Sunday Ticket and YouTube TV.

Pop goes the bubble.
Not just because of getting their streaming business going.

All of these companies are having issues, from losing 30 Million subs that pay per sub fees and continuing to lose at a now, 2 million leaving, as reported in the quarterly numbers..

There are three terms now, Cord Cutters, Cord Nevers and Cord Dying, because the younger people are no longer replacing the older in that business.

I'm sure Amazon would like to think about it but they definitely can't. There's no way the FCC allows that after the MGM purchase, which had enough scrutiny as it was without Amazon owning any studios yet.

Not just because of getting their streaming business going.
Actually, just because streaming is an unprofitable bad idea. Every other form of entertainment delivery is a virtual license to print money. Obscenely profitable. Disney is looking for someone dumb enough to buy in, now Paramount. And so on.

It doesn't work. That simple. It costs more to make the content than there are people that wish to pay for it. That simple. It doesn't work.

It is time for Big Media to just rip the band aid off, all at once. Starting streaming services was a mistake, a bubble was created. Rip it off and return to obscene profitability. Like Sony and Fox.

Actually, just because streaming is an unprofitable bad idea. Every other form of entertainment delivery is a virtual license to print money. Obscenely profitable. Disney is looking for someone dumb enough to buy in, now Paramount. And so on.

It doesn't work. That simple. It costs more to make the content than there are people that wish to pay for it. That simple. It doesn't work.

It is time for Big Media to just rip the band aid off, all at once. Starting streaming services was a mistake, a bubble was created. Rip it off and return to obscene profitability. Like Sony and Fox.
Dude why don't you just give up and tell us what legacy distribution company you work for. You sound exactly like the lobbyists from the coal industry trying to salvage a dying form of energy by telling everyone that solar is bad.

You're failing to recognize the the root cause is not streaming, but the out of control greed that made streaming as popular as it is. Paying ridiculous amounts of money for hundreds of channels no one watches was pretty bubblicious if you ask me. Of course, media companies paying ridiculous amounts of money for prestige TV to be watched by a small subset of viewers (in the short term anyway -- the long tail has been powerful for most quality TV since the advent of DVDs), was a bad business decision. So, now everyone has to adjust. They broke the old model with their greed, they've broken the new model with their exuberance, and now they need to adjust to the new reality. The thing is, people still aren't willing to overpay for entertainment, so big media companies' options are limited. Advertising is their easiest way out, but people have gotten used to not watching ads. It is going to be messy for a while.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
So popular it loses BILLIONS of dollars, every quarter. Not every year, every quarter. It doesn't work. That simple.

I love the "greed" concept. So who is it that different in the unprofitable streaming world from the profitmaking linear world? Your cable company is probably your ISP, CBS is Paramount +, NBC is Peacock, etc.

Same players. Same "greed". Just they panicked and got into a delivery method that is unprofitable.

Reactions: mburns85