Parents cancelled D*, have questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I still don't understand why people pout about regular boxes having to go back... what else are you gonna use it for?

btw, from what I understand D* does not recycle these things, they destroy them. This is a proactive move to prevent signal theft from pirates.

Pretty simple really.. Parents purchased the receiver. They own it. Just like they own their other 3 D* receivers. D* doesnt want those back. Why would they give a damn about this one? D* is out nothing, they are simply using a loophole in the dates to claim a piece of equipment that is not theirs.

And furthermore, if my parents drop cable and go back to D*, then they dont have to get new receivers, they already have them.

I have a DRD431RG box that has gone bad. Can I buy a unit to replace it on ebay without being stuck to a 1 year commitment and a service call from Directv? I have been a customer for years and have an HD mpeg2 unit and 3 standard recievers.

Last edited:
I have a DRD431RG box that has gone bad. Can I buy a unit to replace it on ebay without being stuck to a 1 year commitment and a service call from Directv? I have been a customer for years and have an HD mpeg2 unit and 3 standard recievers.

I do not think they would/should put you in a commitment to replace a broken receiver, you should be able to call them, have the old box removed from the account, to be replaced by the new one you bought, no (re)commitment, make it clear to them it is a replacement.

I do not think they would/should put you in a commitment to replace a broken receiver, you should be able to call them, have the old box removed from the account, to be replaced by the new one you bought, no (re)commitment, make it clear to them it is a replacement.

If you do not have the protection plan you WILL be put into another commitment, UNLESS your current hardware is leased.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm just going to break down and Buy another HD set and call Directv to see what kind of deal is available. I'd like them to upgrade my MPEG2 Hd receiver as well since the DC locals are in HD. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lying about moving...?

phone problem with D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)