Partial signal block due to leaves?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
I recently moved to another apartment and luckily got one with patio facing south. It was worth the month long delay getting an apt with South facing patio. There are two trees 10 feet away from my patio and b/w the trees, I am able to get 95° W to 123° W. There are few branches, that I think partially blocks the LOS.Haven't checked beyond 123 as I don't think anything is there in linear Ku.

122° being my true south, I aimed at 121 and get signal quality of 91 to 94 in DVRinfo channel and get only about 3 or 4 TPs active in that satellite. Get about 5 scrmabled channels and 2 radio channels. Is it that all TPs on 121 not active?
In 123.2°W, I get only 11800 V at 60 to 63 signal quality and I am not able to get any picture. None of the other TPs are coming in after hours of tweaking. Some times 11805H shows up some SQ, but not scanable.
I get 95°W and 97°W some what OK, 63 to 87 level.
Is it possible that leaves are blocking the signal partially? I am not sure, If I need to try tweak the dish more to get better signal on 123.2° W. Any suggestions:confused:

It could be the leaves or a balcony on top of you blocking the signal. Is the dish near the railing or back farther on the balcony. Remeber that the dish actually 'sees' its signal from 22 degrees above on an offset.

Is it possible that leaves are blocking the signal partially?
yes
Any suggestions:confused:
- tree trimmer

- move

- how wide is your balcony?
can you relocate your dish to the east or west?
folks who set them in buckets, generally have that option

- post some pictures.
Maybe someone will think of an answer that's less harsh :eek:

- Here's a good list of what can be found on each bird.

122° being my true south, I aimed at 121 and get signal quality of 91 to 94 in DVRinfo channel and get only about 3 or 4 TPs active in that satellite. Get about 5 scrmabled channels and 2 radio channels. Is it that all TPs on 121 not active?
The DVR info channel is on 110, not 121. Most everything is cleaned off of 121 but the "test card" is at 12014 V 20000. It says "you're on 121"

The DVR info channel is on 110, not 121. Most everything is cleaned off of 121 but the "test card" is at 12014 V 20000. It says "you're on 121"

Yes Ice. It says you have a dish... at 121. Channel name is DVRinfo or something like that.

Thanks.
- tree trimmer
- move
:D

- how wide is your balcony?
can you relocate your dish to the east or west?
folks who set them in buckets, generally have that option
Balcony is 8' wide and I have started at West and now I am almost at East end:
- post some pictures.
Maybe someone will think of an answer that's less harsh :eek:

- Here's a good list of what can be found on each bird.

I will post the pictures later. At work now.

Thanks.

Leaves can do it, but if you are getting strong signal on 11800 on 123 check the skew setting, sometimes that can make the difference between strong signal/video and strong signal/no video at all.

Leaves can do it, but if you are getting strong signal on 11800 on 123 check the skew setting, sometimes that can make the difference between strong signal/video and strong signal/no video at all.
Thanks Turbo. I checked the skew also. Actually it's amotorized set up, so skew is 0°. Still I tried turning the LNB to see if it shows any improvement.

Well it was a thought. You'd be amazed at how little an obstruction will screw up satellite signals reception. I've climbed trees, in earlier years, to cut 'holes' out for c-band dishes to see
through, but KU is a lot more touchy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts