Partial signal loss on original hopper, not on HwS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mag314

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
I am not super technical, and did not install this system myself. The dish is on a pole in the yard so I can actually reach it if necessary. I have an original Hopper as well as a Hopper with Sling (both used regularly), and a Joey I rarely use. The original Hopper has recently been experiencing a partial or complete loss of signal periodically, and at such times loses internet connection. During these same time periods, the HwS functions just fine, no signal loss at all.

Performing a reset via unplugging the receiver, then checking the switch generally gets the signal back, though I have to also reset the network and I have to reset up the broadband after this, on both machines. I did also change the coax cable on the original Hopper, just in case.

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this? Is my original Hopper giving up the ghost? Or is this something that needs a visit from an installer to check and fix?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Do you know if you are just losing signal on one satellite or all? What is your signal strength for the different satellites and transponders? Do you get a signal code on the message that shows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)