Partial Signal Loss

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Hello,

Has anyone had this message appear on their screen?? It keeps happening to me lately I checked the signal strength it seems okay. Should be nothing obstructing the view. Does someone need to readjust my dish??

Thanks,
Chris

If you leave the OTA tuner on a channel with a weak signal it can lose signal from time to time and this is the message that is displayed.

It does not necesarily indicate that the satellite channel you are tuned to dropped signal.

ALWAYS leave the OTA tuner on a strong channel to avoid this problem.

But...are you even on an OTA channel? What area of the US are you in and what are your signal strengths for sat 110 and 119 transponders 15 and 21?

I did a service call today for this problem. The satellites were only 5 or so points be acceptable minimums, but there was also a low freq barrel in the line. Any small part failing intermittently can cause a signal loss. That error is pretty new and not very specific.

vash1090 said:
But...are you even on an OTA channel? What area of the US are you in and what are your signal strengths for sat 110 and 119 transponders 15 and 21?

I did a service call today for this problem. The satellites were only 5 or so points be acceptable minimums, but there was also a low freq barrel in the line. Any small part failing intermittently can cause a signal loss. That error is pretty new and not very specific.

I'm in Rhode Island. I notice that my signal strength is a little lower don't know if I should call them to readjust my dish. Maybe the wind move it a little bit. The dishes were installed in May. Like 61.5 is at 46 transponder 6, 7 is 27. I think they lost maybe 5 to 8 points don't know if that's a big difference or not. Between all the satellites I have it's drop those few points. I have EA and 118.7.

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)