Patriots/Colts- One Year Later

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
It is hard to believe how this year's Patriots/Colts is so different from last year.

A year ago, this was being hyped up as THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FOOTBALL HISTORY, an irresistible force vs. an immovable object, the de facto GAME OF THE YEAR.

This year, things have changed- the Pats' record is good, but the injuries are staggering (I think New England has fewer touchdowns as a team this year than Brady has touchdown passes around this time last year), and the Colts are also struggling, and have injury issues of their own (Addai, Bob Sanders).

DBSForums was down around this time last year and I hadn't met Bill yet, so I want to ask him:

1. As a Patriots fan, how incredible was the anticipation and hype for that game?

2. What was it like watching that game last year?

3. What makes these Patriot and Colt teams so different from last year?

4. What's your anticipation level for this year's version of Pats/Colts as opposed to past games?

Oh, and how do you see the game playing out?

to me, the colts and pats are very different this year than last because: 1) no brady and 2) an imposter is wearing Payton Manning's uniform ;)

I'm sure if Brady were healthy and Payton Manning acted like the Payton Manning of old, it'd be a hyped game this year.

It is hard to believe how this year's Patriots/Colts is so different from last year.

A year ago, this was being hyped up as THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME IN FOOTBALL HISTORY, an irresistible force vs. an immovable object, the de facto GAME OF THE YEAR.

This year, things have changed- the Pats' record is good, but the injuries are staggering (I think New England has fewer touchdowns as a team this year than Brady has touchdown passes around this time last year), and the Colts are also struggling, and have injury issues of their own (Addai, Bob Sanders).

DBSForums was down around this time last year and I hadn't met Bill yet, so I want to ask him:

1. As a Patriots fan, how incredible was the anticipation and hype for that game?

4. What's your anticipation level for this year's version of Pats/Colts as opposed to past games?

Die hard Patriots fan here too!

Here are my answers:

If Brady was not Injured, oh god, I'd be talking about the Patriots vs Colts all month long and trash the other team "Colts" before the game.

Its a roller coaster, the game's between the Pats and Colts are always exciting that comes down to the final seconds/minutes of the game.

Injuries, Patriots lost Tom Brady (arguably one of the best QB in history)...I think Brady vs Manning was one of the best rivalries in the NFL beside the whole "Colts vs Pats". People focus more on Offense and what the opposing QB does instead of the defense.
For the Pats: No Brady, No Rodney Harrison, No Asante Samuels, a backup QB that is not reliable in the red zone.
For the Colts: No DT (as far as a good DT), No Bob Sanders knocking out people, Manning hurt, Marvin Harrison is pretty much done, their RB's are not competitive, and last but not least...poor decisions by their Coaches.

The ratings are not going to be high as the last few years, without Brady there won't be an exciting offense, mostly both teams will try to focus on their running game instead of the amazing aerial attacks.

Colts and Patriots are not having a great season..
At this time last year all people use to talk about was Colts being the best and Patriots being the best...quiet frankly no one has been talking about that this year.
I mean look at the media, ESPN all they talked about last year is the weeks anticipated matchup between the Pats and Colts.
This year, not so much..

Anyways LETS GO PATS!

It was definitely high, but I was coming off the high of the Red Sox winning the World Series, so I was a little more subdued.

Very exciting, but I think it was more exciting routing the Cowboys in Dallas.

Injuries, injuries, and more injuries.

I'm looking forward to it because the Pats are right in the thick of the AFC race.

Colts win.

As Paul pointed out, this game means a lottttt more to the 3-4 Colts than it does to the 5-2 Pats. Besides, the Pats have too many injuries at RB and more importantly facing Peyton Manning, the secondary is currently in shambles.

I really don't see why this is such a big deal when the answers are so obvious about why this year's Patriots-Colts game is not what last year's game was!!!...:rolleyes:

Neither team is undefeated...

Brady is injured and out...

Manning is only about 80%...

Both teams have other key personnell either not playing or playing hurt...

Except for the Colts trying to salvage a playoff berth, game doesn't really matter in the standings...

Last year's game was one of the biggest events of the season for both teams, and probably deserved most of the hype it received, but things have changed for both clubs and it's a new year....get over it!!!...;)

But, as always, I'll be at the game cheering on my Colts!!!...Look for me on TV, I'll be the one with the blue Manning jersey on!!!...:D

GO COLTS!!!...:)

How come THIS isn't in the NFL thread?

It will make for an awesome matchup against the Giants. Two great defenses.

it would be another exciting superbowl for sure if they make it with the two best defenses out there going to war. very physical game to say the least. ;)

How about Jets/Giants?

i don't know about the jets yet. even though their last win was a big one, i'm not so sure they would've had the same results with a healthy pats team. jets barely beat the fins earlier in the season.

i do get what you're saying. it would be very interesting to see two NY teams going at it.

i don't know about the jets yet. even though their last win was a big one, i'm not so sure they would've had the same results with a healthy pats team. jets barely beat the fins earlier in the season.

i do get what you're saying. it would be very interesting to see two NY teams going at it.

I'm hoping the Steelers will be the AFC representative.:)