Detroit Tigers 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
As requested by Jimbo (in the old thread), here it is! I'm inviting all our friends from the rival Central division foes to post here also. Bring your best smack talk, observations, etc....
Ramy, since this thread has proven itself to be very popular over the last two seasons, how about a sticky? We'll let the old one go off quietly into the sunset.

Go Tigers!!! World Series championship in 2008!

Attachments

• 1968 Tigers.JPG
    1968 Tigers.JPG
    423 KB · Views: 194
As requested by Jimbo (in the old thread), here it is! I'm inviting all our friends from the rival Central division foes to post here also. Bring your best smack talk, observations, etc....
Ramy, since this thread has proven itself to be very popular over the last two seasons, how about a sticky? We'll let the old one go off quietly into the sunset.

Go Tigers!!! World Series championship in 2008!

Sorry no sticky for one team. I will sticky for the MLB talk again though.

That '68 team really was special. The original comeback kids. I can't remember how many times they came back to win the last 3 innings, not to mention their historic comeback in the WS. Yes, St. Louis fans, Brock was out! Al Kaline was my hero back then. (I was all of 10 yrs. old when they won the WS that year.) I can still remember the people celebrating on Joseph Campau (the main street through Hamtramck), people hanging out of cars, hooting and hollering, giving everyone the V sign, people falling over drunk, etc... It seemed like the whole city was out there celebrating. One of the most exciting times I've ever seen.

Tigers announced that for the first time in club history, ALL 162 GAMES, will be televised this season. Hopefully more in HD than not. (I don't know how many will be in HD).

(*Aug. 2 game at Tampa Bay joined in progress at 7:06 PM per MLB regulations)

We WILL miss 1 hour of baseball this year, unbelievable!

What is the pits though, is that Tampa Bay would schedule a game to start in the blackout times. Kansas City did that once last year too.

When the schedule between 4-7 start times on Saturday it can't be aired due to FOX game of the week. Teams simply shouldn't do that, even if their TV scheduling sucks and doesn't air a game on Saturday. What kind of team doesn't air a weekend game?

This game was originally on the schedule as non-televised, FSN changed it to join-in-progeress. That is an indicator of just how successful FSN Detroit and the Tigers have become!

I haven't checked yet, but I would expect ALL the Home games on FSN Detroit would be in HD.

Jimbo

Last year they did most home games, they didn't do HD for the daytime weekday games, mostly Thursday afternoons.

I would like to see all home games and most road games. We know they can do road games, they have done a few in Minnesota and Chicago last year. I would think they could at least cover the in-division road games, those cities are all reasonably close. It's the California type games I wouldn't expect yet.

Last year they did most home games, they didn't do HD for the daytime weekday games, mostly Thursday afternoons.

I would like to see all home games and most road games. We know they can do road games, they have done a few in Minnesota and Chicago last year. I would think they could at least cover the in-division road games, those cities are all reasonably close. It's the California type games I wouldn't expect yet.

Good points Masterdeal,
Day games during the week would not have as many viewers due to people working, but all the normal starting times for evenings should be available., I would not expect the west coast late nights to be though....
Good point about the road division games, but I rewally don't think that has anything to do with road HD games, I think that has to do more with the other teams contracts.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)