Tigers Woods to conduct News Conference Today...

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
...from Bethesda, MD. It will be the first time he has addressed the media since prior to his back surgery 7-weeks ago. He did not play in this years Masters. When might we see him complete again on tour? I'm not sure, but CBS Sports is reporting Tiger Woods still doesn't know when he's coming back.

Full Story

In Summary:

There was lots of Tigers Woods ass-kissing by the folks at Congressional Country Club. Afterwards, Tigers said he doesn't know when he'll be taking full swings, ""There really is no timetable for my return." When asked if this most recent surgery tested his resolve, Woods said that he couldn't function any more on the golf course like he had in the past. Tiger said he couldn't get out of bed, much less compete at the highest level prior to his surgery. Hmmm...isn't his couldn't get out of bed problem the problem that led to all his other problems? A very poignant statement by Tiger, indeed.

That's pretty much sums up my impression of today's press conference. Much ado about nothing. Anyway, Tigers' last major win was back in 2008 and he has three (3) more major events to compete in this year since he missed The Masters. The US Open (Pinehurst, June), The British Open (Royal Liverpool, July) and PGA Championship (Valhalla, August). Can Tiger comeback from yet another setback and win a major this year? We shall see.

I bet he doesn't come back this year. Back surgery takes a long time to recover from if it was as bad as leads on.

I bet he doesn't come back this year. Back surgery takes a long time to recover from if it was as bad as leads on.

It depends how bad it was and how quickly he recovers...and having access the world's best doctors and therapists helps matters. Plus, it's probably costing him a lot of money to be sitting on the sidelines so I bet he's back on the tour after the U.S. Open. We shall see.

Yeah, he's got alimony to pay....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Tiger Woods will miss the U.S. Open at Pinehurst

Tiger Woods made it official today by posting that he is not physically capable of playing in the U.S. Open. I didn't open a new thread since we all assumed this would happen since he's still not hitting balls--at least not at fully strength--but it's now official.

Will he be ready to play at the British Open (aka The Open Championship) in July? Thoughts?

My opinion is that he doesn't play the rest of the Major season. PGA he might play in abut I doubt it.

Mark my words, we will never see Tiger dominate ever again. Don't be shocked he never wins another major either.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)