Detroit Tigers 2008

They're the talk of the town here in Detroit. Expectations are high. If the pitching returns to '06 form, it could be pretty exciting around here, come October.

GO TIGERS! WORLD SERIES IN '08!

I'm waiting for Dombrowsli to pull the trigger in Spring Training and get us a Set Up and a Closer for the bullpen.
They can't wait on Zumaya and Rodney looks like he's going to be good for short streaches and go down on the DL unfortunatly.

Manti retired today.

Jones does not look good so far.
One writer was saying that Jones always has a good spring, but not so far this year, he said he has nothing left to work on, he's already brought out all the tricks he can learn.

I would hate to see a year go down in flames do to not looking for any late bull pen help.

Jimbo

Too early to be concerned. Besides everybody is looking for pitching right now, or evaluating what they have. Don't look for any major trades right now. Later in the season, Inge might be trade bait for bullpen help, if we need to, that is.

Too early to be concerned. Besides everybody is looking for pitching right now, or evaluating what they have. Don't look for any major trades right now. Later in the season, Inge might be trade bait for bullpen help, if we need to, that is.

Good point, if they hang on to Inge till the trade deadline ....

Jimbo

Absolutely! If the Tigers could have got like worth now, Inge would be gone. But come July, somebody on the edge of the pennant race will be looking to fill a hole, and Inge will have much more value then, especially if his bat rebounds to '06 numbers.
Meanwhile, another guy who may have trade value in July, Thames, is having a great spring.

Great game last night Tiger fan. The race for the AL Central will be brutal this year. Did Sizemore's performance yesterday do anything to sway your opinion of him vs. Granderson?

Didn't see it, and I doubt anything is going to change my mind about Granderson in the foreseeable future. I'm a homer when comes to my Tigers.

World Series in '08 For Detroit!!!

Just for sh*ts and giggles Paul, Sizemore was 2 for 3 last night with 2 homers. Granderson was 0 for 3.

I love that line, I actually use that quite a bit. Nice line score for Sizemore. Not that it really matters right now......but Granderson is having a good spring also.

FSN released the HD schedule today:

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7781906

The good news: With FSN-HD, FOX Saturdays, and ESPN Sunday night (2), the Tigers have 113 games in HD this year!

They are doing several road games in HD this year, but not all.
It seems sporadic in how they choose them, almost like a dart board.

Very good sign that come 2009 we may have ALL game in HD.

Did Sizemore's performance yesterday do anything to sway your opinion of him vs. Granderson?

As I've said many time.
Sizemore and Granderson are going to be All Stars for many years to come.
I like both of them, I'll take Granderson, but if your offering Sizemore, we'll find room in the outfield for him too.

By By Jacque Jones ....

Can you imagine Ordonez, Granderson and Sizemore in the same outfield :):):)

Wow, I would :hatsoff: to Mr. Dombrowsli for that one, thats for sure !!!

Jimbo

Rodney apparently will not be ready when the season starts in 15 days. Interest in Inge appears to be picking up around the league, the SF Giants rumored to be looking at him. Relief pitching a top concern right now for the Tigers.
Just realized what I typed - 15 days till baseball!

Who would you trade for him? Not a doable deal, even if Cleveland was stupid enough to part with their best player.

Um, you guys do realize they both play CF don't you?

Plus, the honor of "best player" on the Indians is debatable. Victor Martinez is definitely in that debate of offensive players. CC would obviously get that nod for best pitcher.

Victor would be my favorite player, but I do see Grady continuing to impress. Reguardless, looking forward to the baseball season. Here's hoping the Tribe and Tigers can take the Division and the Wildcard spot away from the Yanks/Sox.

Now I'm just hoping D* makes Sportstime Ohio 24 hr HD soon. Launches April 1st. All Indians games in HD!

HD MM;1270814[B said:
]Um, you guys do realize they both play CF don't you?[/B]

Plus, the honor of "best player" on the Indians is debatable. Victor Martinez is definitely in that debate of offensive players. CC would obviously get that nod for best pitcher.

Of course we do. You do realize that if you can play CF, you can also play RF or LF also?:D

Victor would be my favorite player, but I do see Grady continuing to impress. Reguardless, looking forward to the baseball season. Here's hoping the Tribe and Tigers can take the Division and the Wildcard spot away from the Yanks/Sox.

Now I'm just hoping D* makes Sportstime Ohio 24 hr HD soon. Launches April 1st. All Indians games in HD!

I'm sure your Tribe will win enough games to secure a wild card spot. Definitely a better team than the Yankees in the most important area - pitching. Your bullpen is better than the Tigers, but that is all I'm willing to concede right now.

Looks like the Tigers may be in the market for a back up catcher also. Vance Wilson is not going to be ready for the regular season either.

Looks like the Tigers may be in the market for a back up catcher also. Vance Wilson is not going to be ready for the regular season either.

I apologize ahead of time for asking, but since I don't follow that baseball team "up north", what happened to Pudge? Is he incapable of catching full time?

BTW, it's funny you brought up the back-up catcher subject.......

Just the other day, there was a great article in Cleveland's Plain Dealer that interviewed Tribe GM Mark Shapiro about him keeping back-up catcher phenom (Kelly Shoppach) under contract instead of fetching what would amount to be a great deal by trading him. Shapiro went on to say that catchers are in a short supply around the league and in the minors. Apparently no kids coming up want to be a catcher these days as they view it as an "unglamorous" position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)