Paul Harvey RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember listening to him when I was a kid. His trademark "good day" at the end of his show will be missed.

I have listened to Paul Harvey off-and-on over the past 44 years, since I was two, and I have heard him on probably five continents during my 20-year military career. Sadly, there will be no "rest of the story" - RIP!

I remember sleeping on the couch at my grandparents as a kid back in the mid 70's and hearing his voice over the am radio my grandfather turned on every morning at 5am when he got up for work. Over the years I would tune in at noon to hear him and he always had that same golden voice that felt like it was the voice of a grandfather that every kid would want as his own. I hadnt heard him since moving to Georgia 3 years ago because the am radio down here leaves alot to be desired in the programming department but to hear of his passing is saddening though at 90 he definitely lived a good and long life and I doubt he had any detractors.

I remember listening to Paul Harvey in a missile silo back in the early 60's while a member of a missile combat crew. He was classic then and remained that way until today. He will truly be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts