Pause

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
My HR-54 has acted strange for a few weeks....Pause a recorded program, if the screen saver goes on, it starts from beginning of recording.

Same goes for live tv, pause it, it goes back to the beginning of when you started watching .

My HR-54 has acted strange for a few weeks....Pause a recorded program, if the screen saver goes on, it starts from beginning of recording.

Same goes for live tv, pause it, it goes back to the beginning of when you started watching .
Those receivers are junk.

Well you all are not helping the OP and your making this forum look like some political bs.

OP- have you tried to do a red button reset? On the front of your hr54 is a small door. Pull it down and push the red button. Your receiver will power off then it will power back up and go through a few pages of start up screens.
I bet it will fix your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well you all are not helping the OP and your making this forum look like some political bs.

OP- have you tried to do a red button reset? On the front of your hr54 is a small door. Pull it down and push the red button. Your receiver will power off then it will power back up and go through a few pages of start up screens.
I bet it will fix your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trust me, it's a software or hardware issue, rebooting doesn't fix it.

Trust me, it's a software or hardware issue, rebooting doesn't fix it.
IF that was the case, everyone would be doing it.

I've had mine for a few yrs now (had a HR44 previous to it) and had No Issues with either one.

You said "Those recvrs are junk"
What recvr are you using now ?

AZ, I'm just curious, what version of software is running on your recvr, maybe an update messed with your recvr, if it was working fine before.

Menu/Setting/Info and Test/software ...

More than likely, your on software version 0x147D ...

If so, try the red button like Itapilot mentioned ...

Biggest problem Ive had was months ago constantly losing internet, thats better now.
The software is 0x145d

The pause has been messing up for good 2 weeks.

Reactions: madmadworld
HR-44
Ever since DTV has tried to put ads into the pause mode.. nothing but trouble.
how long has this been going on now ? 2 years or more

They take it out for a month or 3 then try again. tonite it just losses the hand shake, then I have to power it down and up to get the box back going.
not a fan of this but understand getting new revenue but just make it
work right. :facepalm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts