Pausing live tv with Hopper with sling question

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I know you can pause live tv on one hopper but I don't think you can pause live tv and pick it back up on another hopper can you? Or is it only if you have a Joey?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know you can pause live tv on one hopper but I don't think you can pause live tv and pick it back up on another hopper can you? Or is it only if you have a Joey?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can not go from Hopper to Hopper using a Hopper. (Sounds dumb but I think it makes sense) You can go from Hopper to Hopper using a Joey though. If you are recording the show you can pick it up from the other Hopper through the DVR menu.

If you are recording the show you can pick it up from the other Hopper through the DVR menu.[/QUOTE said:
That is the way I do it. Just hit the record button shut everything down and go to your other Hopper. Not as convenient as pause but it does work.

But better than pause because one has to leave the Joye/Hopper in the now shut down and vacated room ON. I just don't like to leave things on when no one is in the room using it. I don't even like to leave my TiVo's as is but always put then in "Standby" when I close down a room. Just me being . . . perfectionist. Always a RECORD, close down room, turn OFF Joey/Hopper, and then pick up from DVR. Good habits :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)