Pay-Per-View??

rickwhoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
North East PA
If I order a pay-per-view movie, can I record it, or what I really need to know is if I can pause it to take a few breaks during the movie. I have a 722 and I always have to take smoke breaks and pee breaks during movies.

Yes, with PPV you can always record them and use trick modes. However be aware that if the event says "Limited Recording" on the order screen then it will disappear from your hard drive after 2 days from starting to watch the event. If it does not say limited recording then you can keep it on your hard drive for as long as you want.

Usually you can record it to some extent. Pausing always seems to work.

If you record it, even the recording expires at some point.

As I posted this is only true for events designated as "limited recording". This is because of demands by the movie studios it is not a Dish decision.

As I posted this is only true for events designated as "limited recording". This is because of demands by the movie studios it is not a Dish decision.

thanks for that clarification. I thought they all expired.

But frankly, I seldom use Dish's PPV as Amazon streaming PPV is nearly as good a quality as the Dish HD and is generally much cheaper.

Not a quick answer, but mostly yes.

If you are talking about true PPV shows, such as those on channel beyond 501, you can 'record' them for later veiwing. Just select a timeslot that is after the current one. Then watch it as you would any other recorded show.

If you are talking about the ones and appear at 501 or 1, then No. they are already 'recorded' so you don't need to. Just press pause, run to the john, and then when you are ready press pause again to continue watching.

The only odd thing is some programs are "time limited". usually those have to be viewed within 24 hours after being started.
Note: That is AFTER you start watching. You can record it today and start watching it whenever. Just have to finish within 24 hours once you actually start watching it.

I received 2 free ppv and was hoping I could be able to pause for breaks, Thanks for all the help. Did anyone see Clash of the Titans on ppv yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts