This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

paying a fee of US5.00 for each receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I don't see how a dual-tuner rcvr costs less than a single-tuner unit.

Also, trying to feed tv's in different rooms from a single tuner means using 75-ohm coax; you can't use dvi/hdmi, component, s-video, or even composite video. That adds-up to sacrificing PQ and clumsy room-to-room wiring (or RF distribution transmitters/rcvrs).

IMO, the PQ issue alone is worth $5/month. I'm just not interested in watching the mediocre picture provided by 75-ohm coax.

There is another reason why we may never see a dual-tuner rcvr: it facilitates a standalone pvr/dvr.

Instead of feeding your TV's PiP, you could feed one to the standalone pvr/dvr of your choice and bypass the D* offered unit and its subscription fees.

The coax connection isn't bad at all depending on use. I try to use S-video on my TVs and they look good, but there are cases where PQ isn't really any worse with coax. For example I have an old 46" projection TV. I mean quite old. It has never been used much, but I have it hooked up with S-video. I used the coax output to run back thru the house to the kitchen where we have a 13" TV sitting in the corner of the counter space. We share that receiver between the 2 rooms and on the small 13" TV there isn't other connections other than coax. In a bedroom we also have a 20" TV and the coax on that one is fine. On smaller screens (CRT anyway) the PQ isn't as big a factor so coax will suit most people just fine. Now on my newer, larger TVs I always use the best cable available because I like the sharpest pic possible.

you could always try using wireless video and remote senders if you dont mind watching the same thing on all TVs. I use one for my TV in my gym.

Status
Please reply by conversation.