Payment problems

Ghostwalker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
In September of 06 tried to sign up for online payments. There were technical diffculties with the web site taking the information. So I had to go through the payment rep. They took the info, and come to find out. Even though the Dish site said payment can made from checking and savings....the savings part was a big fib. As that was the one I choose and gave the rep the account number and routing number.

The payment didn't clear. Not to lack or insufficent funds, but because of the savings account wasn't acceptable to Dish

Two days later, my service is turn off. Ended having to pay cash to get it turn back on.

I get ding, and can't use on line payment from my bank for six months.

After the six months are up, I resign up for on line payment. Three payments (monthly payments) are made without a hitch. Till this last one.

Here we go again. Even though there is more than most would have in their bank accounts. Dishs website logs the information wrong. I find out later, that there was no check number given in the space that was suppose to be there....yet, I get an authorization number with a pending payment notificiation.

Again my service is shut off and have to make a cash payment...no Credit Card will do...They have a fear of disputing the charges.

Payment made again thru western union, service turn back on. Another penatly of having to wait six months to pay on line through my bank.

Direct withdraws either by Credit Card and or Bank is not an option. I've read the horror stories here.

Come on Direct TV, get your act together. I'm ready to switch after 8 years!

I sent an email of to ceo@echostar.com with my complaint. Like about 3 pages of of it using Word!

I had the exact same trouble a couple years ago when I tried to make my payment directly from checking. I never could get a proper explanation for the problem. Six months later when I was eligible to pay that way again, I gave it another try. I triple-checked every number I entered and again, it was rejected. They treated it like a bad check (it wasn't) and it turned into a customer service nightmare.

I've since switched to paying with a VISA debit card. Everything works perfectly and my account is credited immediately upon payment.

What I really should do is switch to DVR Advantage.

I have ran into the same problem, by using a checking or savingings account and I will say this not only with Dish.....I now you my Debit Card number which is like a Credit Card to them and have had no problems in over a year.....again this is not a problem just with Dish but others.

Well I did get and answer back, apologizes of all sorts were made. I was told that the return process regarding payments is being reviewed, but I;m still going to have to wait the six months to try again on-line. He couldn't do anything about that.....that is a Western Union thing., policy in other words.

He reversed the invalid account number fee and gave me 6 months of HD programing for free.

...I was event told to contact him to make any payments in the future.

So, I'll stick around and see what shakes out of the leaves for alittle while longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts