PBJ now on amc9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
tryed a couple of blind scans with the solomend of amc9. could not get pbj until i went to the transponder scan. hmmm. just wishing for a new receiver on the tv stand. charlie

The Manhattan hits it on a blind scan usually 75% of the time
Since the transponder info didnt change a manual/TP scan is much easier :)

Hope this helps... ;)

Oh, and I found it on 11734, 4439

View attachment 73596

Thanks Dee_Ann,

It was a little trickier than I thought to get this channel to pop in on my AZBox Permium Plus for some reason.

First, I performed a standard TP scan of 11735 H. It didn't pop in.

Second, I performed a satellite scan of 83W. It didn't pop in.

Third, I performed a blind scan of 83W. It didn't pop in.

Fourth, I changed the symbol rate from 4444 to 4439 and repeated all of the previous scans. It didn't pop in.

Please note that the symbol rate of 4444 is a leftover from the early days when this TP became active, but had some interference issue with a hotter TP. I managed to avoid the interference by adjusting the symbol rate upwards to 4444. I just retained that parameter setting ever since.

Fifth, I obtained the data PID's from you and entered them in the Advanced Scan menu using PID EDIT. I exited the setting menu and went to the TV menu to check to see if the channel stuck and I found that it didn't show in the list yet. However, I recalled that you need to scan the TP after entering the channel parameters in the Advanced Scan menu, so I returned there and performed the TP Scan in the Advanced Scan menu. Then exited and checked for the presence of PBJE and found that I had two channels showing and both were operational. I deleted one and then I had none! So I went back to the Advanced Scan menu and checked the list and the channel was not present. Then, I just performed a TP Scan once again and it popped right in and there was only one listing for it. Whew! What a hassle. Makes me wonder what other channels I am missing.

PBJE Screen Shot AZBox.jpg

RADAR

I dont get why you have such an issue scanning them in. On my azbox elite I enter the TP (11735 H 4444) and it scanned in right away. No issues

Fifth, I obtained the data PID's from you and entered them in the Advanced Scan menu using PID EDIT. I exited the setting menu and went to the TV menu to check to see if the channel stuck and I found that it didn't show in the list yet. However, I recalled that you need to scan the TP after entering the channel parameters in the Advanced Scan menu, so I returned there and performed the TP Scan in the Advanced Scan menu.

I never have to scan the TP after entering the PIDs manually, channel is always there in the list and active. When you did the scan (this time it obviously found it), and it resulted in:

...found that I had two channels showing and both were operational. I deleted one and then I had none!

Like Iceberg, my AZBox Ultra had no problems scanning in the channel on a TP scan.

I dont get why you have such an issue scanning them in. On my azbox elite I enter the TP (11735 H 4444) and it scanned in right away. No issues

Wish I knew the answer to that, too, Tony. You can see that I put forth some effort from how I described the situation in my last post. This is the first time that I recall where I couldn't scan in a channel that I knew was there. Was it the box itself? The loaded image (0.9.5309)? The transponder signal? My own personal luck? Ah heck, I don't know. But, I am not going to complain as I got it now.

But, like you, I am still left scratching my head on this issue. It just doesn't make sense.

Then again, I think that I live in a sort of "Bermuda Triangle" here. I also have issues with my computers that I cannot explain. I have an Acer laptop PC with XP and a Gateway desktop PC with Vista. All at once and at the same time they both developed issues with the DVD burners/readers. But, so did my Onkyo DVD player and also my TV and also my home theater receiver. I am not even going to attempt to address them here as one aneurysm a day is enough for me. I am working on those issues, but I am very confused and frustrated because none of it makes sense and everything I have done in the line of troubleshooting has resulted in a great big NULL.

I don't know if you remember me stating this in a post a few years ago, but I cannot use a magnetic compass here at my home and my Garmin ETreX GPS doesn't work here very well either. If I had to rely upon either the compass or the ETreX to navigate my way around the property, I would be walking in circles. I am not joking in any way! It is very screwy!!! My Cadillac has all sorts of computer errors that the shop cannot identify as being real. There is nothing wrong mechanically, but the computer records all sorts of failures (hundreds of them). I have a valid refrigerant leak and it detects that, but then it makes up all this other garbage errors that no one cane explain.

I think that I will wrap tin foil around my head and just watch what television I can get! LOL

Gordy

Wish I knew the answer to that, too, Tony. You can see that I put forth some effort from how I described the situation in my last post. This is the first time that I recall where I couldn't scan in a channel that I knew was there. Was it the box itself? The loaded image (0.9.5309)? The transponder signal? My own personal luck? Ah heck, I don't know. But, I am not going to complain as I got it now.

But, like you, I am still left scratching my head on this issue. It just doesn't make sense.

Then again, I think that I live in a sort of "Bermuda Triangle" here. I also have issues with my computers that I cannot explain. I have an Acer laptop PC with XP and a Gateway desktop PC with Vista. All at once and at the same time they both developed issues with the DVD burners/readers. But, so did my Onkyo DVD player and also my TV and also my home theater receiver. I am not even going to attempt to address them here as one aneurysm a day is enough for me. I am working on those issues, but I am very confused and frustrated because none of it makes sense and everything I have done in the line of troubleshooting has resulted in a great big NULL.

I don't know if you remember me stating this in a post a few years ago, but I cannot use a magnetic compass here at my home and my Garmin ETreX GPS doesn't work here very well either. If I had to rely upon either the compass or the ETreX to navigate my way around the property, I would be walking in circles. I am not joking in any way! It is very screwy!!! My Cadillac has all sorts of computer errors that the shop cannot identify as being real. There is nothing wrong mechanically, but the computer records all sorts of failures (hundreds of them). I have a valid refrigerant leak and it detects that, but then it makes up all this other garbage errors that no one cane explain.

I think that I will wrap tin foil around my head and just watch what television I can get! LOL

Gordy

You live near any BIG, high tension power lines? I've heard they generate a field that messes with pretty much everything.

So I'm watching Harveytoons today on PBJ and I am distressed to discover that they have botched these classics up by dubbing modern audio over and in place of the original sound track.
These toons are from the 50's but I hear sound effects that are from the 80's and can only be computer generated. In the 50's nothing existed that could create those sounds.
This really ruins it in a big way for me. What were they thinking?????? :mad:

Even if you ignore the computer generated sound effects, what should be a mono track is in stereo and there is a music track that's too loud and in stereo and just doesn't fit.
The original music score was just as important as the toon itself.

Might as well just scrap the whole thing and just generate the entire toon on a freaking computer!

I despise computer generated cartoons with a passion.. What garbage.

I hope someone can find originals of the Harveytoons so they can trashcan these dubbed (butchered) versions.. :mad:

You live near any BIG, high tension power lines? I've heard they generate a field that messes with pretty much everything.

Dee_Ann,

No biggies as far as power lines, just the one that feeds my house and cabin, etc. Most people have worse electrical interference from power lines than I.

My problem is the 200 million year old alien spacecraft that still has an active nuclear power generator on board which is buried in the sediment under the glacial till here. It is nice because I don't have to pay an electric bill or heat my home, but I hate having my toenails glow in the dark. My girlfriend always ribs me about my twelve toes glowing like some publicity stunt. I don't pay much attention to that, it doesn't bother me that much and it is handy to find my keys if I drop them in the grass or on the driveway. The ferric iron in the key ring is attracted to my big toe and I can see the keys with my "footlights". It is kinda handy.

:)

RADAR

Sounds like Radar's been smokin' what Demi Moore's been smokin'.

I'll share, Cyberham. I've got plenty as it grows like a weed here! Ha! :) Just kidding around, I don't touch the stuff and never have, well, I've touched it, but I don't smoke it. I just SELL IT on ebay! LOL! Nawh, I'm just kidding there, too.

I just had no explanation of why PBJ would not scan in for me. But, seriously, I must live over a major iron deposit or something as I cannot use a compass here. As I walk around the yard, the needle points to all different directions and even tips down and tries to point to the earth.

RADAR

I just had no explanation of why PBJ would not scan in for me. But, seriously, I must live over a major iron deposit or something as I cannot use a compass here. As I walk around the yard, the needle points to all different directions and even tips down and tries to point to the earth.
I have the same problem here... though not as bad. There are certain parts of my property where all I can get with a compass is a best guess; and the direction it points in the morning may not be the same as in the evening.

Come to think of it. My problem might be high tension lines like Dee mentioned. There are some that run between the ridgetops, and I'm in the valley almost right under them. They're about 500 feet straight up. They might also be why I have problems with OTA... or it might be a shuttle craft from that mothership at Radar's.

My problem is the 200 million year old alien spacecraft that still has an active nuclear power generator on board which is buried in the sediment under the glacial till here.:)

That should help your reception, as I get a great signal from RTV, TUFF, and PB&J. The government is spending 1.28B to clean up the radioactive material in our town. There are many places where the natural radiation is many times greater than what we have.
Port Hope radioactive waste clean-up to begin | Canadian Consulting Engineer

Thanks, it's great having this forum! I would have never rescanned 83W and found it.
Don't have any little kids any longer but maybe they'll have a few non-animated programs!

Thanks, it's great having this forum! I would have never rescanned 83W and found it.
Don't have any little kids any longer but maybe they'll have a few non-animated programs!

They do. Lassie and Skippy The Bush Kangaroo for starters..Think they also have the Lone Ranger and possibly Sgt. Preston

I don't care how old a boy is or what era it is now, every mother's son should experience the Lone Ranger!

A boy needs to have a hero. There are no heroes today, you must look to the past to find true heroes.

The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, The Duke and Tim Holt and Gene Autry and all the others of that ilk.

Even Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, Sylvester the Cat and Tweety!

LOL Do I bring back memories for some of you? Do you want your children growing up with the garbage that is on TV today? Or the really great stuff that was on TV when you were a kid?

Yeah! Television technology was horrible when we grew up, but the shows were premium! Now the technology is premium and the shows are horrible. What the heck happened?

radar

the greatest thing about the lone ranger is that he is the great uncle of the green hornet) kato rocks

For the past few weeks I've had my FTA box disconnected because I hadn't been watching due to the lack of much good stuff on KU. After all the discussion about PBJ I decided to hook my old CS 5000 back up and try for this channel. I'm glad I did. Its like Saturday morning 1978 all day long. I looked at the national schedule, and I'm waiting for ISIS tonight and Space Academy tomorrow. I haven't seen either of those in over 30 years.

Just watched "Angel's Friends" on PBJ. It's an extremely anime-looking cartoon (but Italian, as the names in the credits suggest) about an apprentice Angel and Demon trying to influence a young boy. Lip-flaps don't even come close to matching, the bad guys looks like the goth kids from South Park, and kids have a duel for a guy's soul in what looks like Hades. It's weird, man.

Just about anything can get called E/I these days.

Last edited:
Just watched "Angel's Friends" on PBJ. It's an extremely anime-looking cartoon (but Italian, as the names in the credits suggest) about an apprentice Angel and Demon trying to influence a young boy. Lip-flaps don't even come close to matching, the bad guys looks like the goth kids from South Park, and kids have a duel for a guy's soul in what looks like Hades. It's weird, man.

Just about anything can get called E/I these days.

Angel's Friends is to E/I as pine trees are to Pontiac's :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)