PBS in HD Today?

Dish did add the local PBS station in HD today but if you look at the uplink report it says HIDDEN AVAILABLE, meaning the channel is available if you enter in the channel number, but it does not show it in the guide. Dish also deleted the SD feed so it shows no channel 26 for WUNL.

Dish did add the local PBS station in HD today but if you look at the uplink report it says HIDDEN AVAILABLE, meaning the channel is available if you enter in the channel number, but it does not show it in the guide. Dish also deleted the SD feed so it shows no channel 26 for WUNL.

That is not what "Hidden" means - it means that it does not show in the Guide if you do not subscribe to those locals.

If the entire USA's local channels showed up in everyone's guide, it would be horrendous, so they hide everything you do not subcribe to - except for Premium channels or other extra packages.

It has nothing to do with that.

The Bay Area has lots and lots of HD local channels, so it requires the most bandwidth to cover.

There are 4 PBS HD channels alone...

Direct TV has KQED HD available and none of the other PBS stations in the Bay Area PBS stations available in HD. Why can't Dish do that? Is it an all or nothing mentality?

Well I guess it was a good day for HD subs in North Caroloina and a few other places. Is the plan to turn on the rest of the uplinked PBS HD channels over the next 2 Wednesdays?

That is not what "Hidden" means - it means that it does not show in the Guide if you do not subscribe to those locals.

If the entire USA's local channels showed up in everyone's guide, it would be horrendous, so they hide everything you do not subcribe to - except for Premium channels or other extra packages.

The channel I am mentioning above is my LOCAL!!!!!! Why would it be that I can access the channel by hitting channel 26 on my remote but it does not show up in the guide????

THANK YOU! AMC HD FINALLY!! Now when are the Atlanta PBS channels going to be added? I can get one great OTA, but the other is between me and the actual city of Atlanta and even with a booster fades in and out.

Last edited:
ANY NEWS ON WHEN THE REST OF THE PBS-HD CHANNELS COMING?IM WAITING FOR KETC IN MY AREA..THANK YOU FOR ANY REPLIES

Disappointed that the 2 Atlanta DMA PBS HD stations that have been uplinked for weeks still did not become available today. I lost my PBS OTA feed last week when I added a deck and had to remove my OTA antenna and hoped that they would be added last week or at the latest this week. Since it appears that we might lose our Fox feed on Nov. 1, I am hoping that Dish will add WUPA HD, the local CW feed that I also lost when I removed my OTA antenna. Oh well, I think that Dish has to provide them in a couple of years!

Why is Scott being so quiet about this? Something has gone wrong.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Scott reports on what he is told. Nothing has gone wrong! Nobody has said anything about when the next PBSs will be brought online. When it happens, it will happen. Wait for it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts