PBS on amc 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Hi Guys
I don't have a dish aimed at amc 3 (yet) but i noticed on global-cm that there is about a dozen pbs stations on the sat. I know their ac-3 but can you tell me what they are.
pbs schedule 500 = ?
'' '' 501 = ?
create = ?
and what about the pbs feeds and regular pbs? are they still there? I heard they are moving to another trans.
how many pbs stations are there on amc 3 ?
thanks guys
rdel:)

There are quite a few pbs stations on there, but some are nearly duplicate channels at certain times of the day... not sure if Create is really pbs? Create is a channel that's mostly dedicated to making food and doing stuff like painting flowers and stuff... pretty nifty if you like to cook or paint.

Create is a PBS owned channel. Lots of PBS stations have this on a digital subchannel (most of the PBS stations in MN have this)

The channels you get now are going to stay. They are replacing the DCII ones (so we gain a few more channels)

How can I listen to the AC-3 audio on the PBS stations? I have a Sony surround sound receiver, If I hook up the sat receiver to the Sony receiver, should I be able to have success. It does have dolby surround.

I still have to try getting the AC-3 with my new Coolsat 5000. Looking for a very inexpensive dolby digital reciever. I have an older Onkyo receiver now that does the job for everything else except no dolby digital :(

LoneShark said:
How can I listen to the AC-3 audio on the PBS stations? I have a Sony surround sound receiver, If I hook up the sat receiver to the Sony receiver, should I be able to have success. It does have dolby surround.
Is your receiver "Dolby Digital" or is it "Dolby Surround" or "Pro-logic"? Surround and Pro-logic are matrix analog surround systems, and are not the same as Dolby Digital (AC-3).

Cheapest route to get the sound is to do like a lot of folks mentioned on here, and do like I did, and get a Soundblaster Extigy. That's an old external usb sound doohickey that's meant for computers but you can hook it up directly to the fta reciever without a computer and it'll decode the ac3 for you... then all you need is a cheap pair of computer speakers or whatever. They stopped making them a couple of years ago, but you can still get these suckers on ebay pretty cheap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)