PBS on amc 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Hi Guys
I don't have a dish aimed at amc 3 (yet) but i noticed on global-cm that there is about a dozen pbs stations on the sat. I know their ac-3 but can you tell me what they are.
pbs schedule 500 = ?
'' '' 501 = ?
create = ?
and what about the pbs feeds and regular pbs? are they still there? I heard they are moving to another trans.
how many pbs stations are there on amc 3 ?
thanks guys
rdel:)

There are quite a few pbs stations on there, but some are nearly duplicate channels at certain times of the day... not sure if Create is really pbs? Create is a channel that's mostly dedicated to making food and doing stuff like painting flowers and stuff... pretty nifty if you like to cook or paint.

Create is a PBS owned channel. Lots of PBS stations have this on a digital subchannel (most of the PBS stations in MN have this)

The channels you get now are going to stay. They are replacing the DCII ones (so we gain a few more channels)

How can I listen to the AC-3 audio on the PBS stations? I have a Sony surround sound receiver, If I hook up the sat receiver to the Sony receiver, should I be able to have success. It does have dolby surround.

I still have to try getting the AC-3 with my new Coolsat 5000. Looking for a very inexpensive dolby digital reciever. I have an older Onkyo receiver now that does the job for everything else except no dolby digital :(

LoneShark said:
How can I listen to the AC-3 audio on the PBS stations? I have a Sony surround sound receiver, If I hook up the sat receiver to the Sony receiver, should I be able to have success. It does have dolby surround.
Is your receiver "Dolby Digital" or is it "Dolby Surround" or "Pro-logic"? Surround and Pro-logic are matrix analog surround systems, and are not the same as Dolby Digital (AC-3).

Cheapest route to get the sound is to do like a lot of folks mentioned on here, and do like I did, and get a Soundblaster Extigy. That's an old external usb sound doohickey that's meant for computers but you can hook it up directly to the fta reciever without a computer and it'll decode the ac3 for you... then all you need is a cheap pair of computer speakers or whatever. They stopped making them a couple of years ago, but you can still get these suckers on ebay pretty cheap.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)