PBS signal on 125w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

etlam34

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2017
Quebec city
What happened to the pbs signal on 125w?? I got 57% signal while last year i got 77% on my geosatpro 90cm. Same place , same setup same equipment, what gives?

Nothing looks changed here on a 1.2M. A guy in another thread is reporting a problem also. Not sure if it is just coincidence, and you both are having local issues or what.

Earlier today I reported on that other thread that Montana PBS was at 60 and the PBS mux was at mid 80s. Just checked and Montana is still at 60, but the PBS mux has dropped down to 63-65, so a drop of about 20 in the eight or so hours since the other report. Picture is fine on both transponders, but am seeing the same drop, which, hopefully, is temporary!

Bad weather at the uplink location perhaps?
Hopefully that's all it was. Signal is back up, not quite to yesterday's level, but that can be accounted for by the rain we have been having.

Just hoping it isn't a day/night repeatable fluctuation we have seen before on the PBS mux and more so at one time back in 2014 when OETA was on the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)