PBS signals on 125W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Has anyone else noticed that some of the transponders on 125W have dropped off? I just re-aligned my dish and have the same result. At first I thought I might have a bad LNB. I've had some that went bad on one polarity. I do get V and H transponders so I don't think its that.

Can someone check this out for me? The main transponder I'm interested in is 12140 V 30000. This transponder carries the main PBS East and West HD feeds. If you could also check the OETA transponder on 12112 V 8700 I'd appreciate it. This is driving me crazy. I'm not sure if I have an equipment issue or if its the satellite.

BTW - 12180 V 30000 is coming in at 80+ and the HD feed is working fine.

I just checked and I'm still getting 11 channels on that satellite. Haven't done a blind scan on it in a while now so don't know if there's more than that. Q is around 90% here in central VA on my 10 ft Winegard.

Can someone check this out for me? The main transponder I'm interested in is 12140 V 30000. This transponder carries the main PBS East and West HD feeds. If you could also check the OETA transponder on 12112 V 8700 I'd appreciate it. This is driving me crazy. I'm not sure if I have an equipment issue or if its the satellite.

Getting 54-56 on 12069 (LPB), 79-80 on 12112 (OETA), 72-74 on 12140 (E&W HD), and 91-92 on 12180 on my AZBox Ultra.

Those numbers are fairly typical for me, LPB down a touch.

12113 V 8700 S2/8PSK FEC 3/4 Pilot 1 and I got 89%
12140 V 30000 DVBS/QPSK FEC 3/4 Pilot 0 and I got 90%
12180 V 30000 DVBS/QPSK FEC 3/4 Pilot 0 and I got 93%

12180V does seem to be the strongest one up there. My setup is a motorized 90cm (I think) dish in south-central Virginia. I think it's ever so slightly out of alignment following the storm today, I need to go out and adjust it.

Just checked what I can see with my Coolsat 6000:

12180V: 87%
12140V: 63% (First TP below the threshold for decoding)
12095V: 60%
12151H: 8%
12163H: 68%
12169H: 68%
12175H: 69%

LPB and OETA and Montana are all DVB-S2 which the Coolsat 6000 does not support, and I have another 12 hours until my new S2 receiver arrives. I can do a new signal strength check then.

- Trip

Thanks for all the replies. I figured out what my problem was. Recently I had my roof re shingled and moved my Ku dish to a temporary location near my C-band dish. The far west satellites have marginal thanks to an apple tree. Well the apples are growing causing the branches to droop a little. That was enough to attenuate all but the strongest transponders. A little creative pruning cured the problem. Now I need to get the dish back up on the roof or to a better location in the back yard. I'd rather not install it on the roof if possible.

Thanks again for the signal checks!

Could someone share the NID for the OETA, PBS East and West and the Create mux on 12180 please. NID seems to be the hardest item to find, but I need it in order for my software to properly show these channels. I have a Pansat 2500a, Nfusion Solaris and Coolsat 6000. If it is possible to ascertain the NID from one of these I would be glad to but I am uncertain how to go about it. This also seems to be the one area that Lyngsat lacks information for on many channels. Thanks.

Could someone share the NID for the OETA, PBS East and West and the Create mux on 12180 please. NID seems to be the hardest item to find, but I need it in order for my software to properly show these channels. I have a Pansat 2500a, Nfusion Solaris and Coolsat 6000. If it is possible to ascertain the NID from one of these I would be glad to but I am uncertain how to go about it. This also seems to be the one area that Lyngsat lacks information for on many channels. Thanks.

SATHINT - Satellite Charts, Packages, Footprints lists NIDs (put you mouse pointer over the freq/SR and there is an information pop-up), but shows them all as zero. If you look at some of the other signals (c-band) on 125 it does have some with NIDs that are not zero.

Thanks Keith. I use Sathint regularly but the NID is not 0 for these channels, I have already tried. I did manage to get the NID for 12180 as it turned out to be the same as Montanan PBS, but did not work for OETA. I am not sure why my software locks some of these tp's but not others. The only information I have a hard time finding in order to make manual entries is the NID and TID. It seems I have read other places here where some of the receivers or software provide this info and so hoping someone can teach me how or check and pass on the info.

Thanks Keith. I use Sathint regularly but the NID is not 0 for these channels, I have already tried. I did manage to get the NID for 12180 as it turned out to be the same as Montanan PBS, but did not work for OETA. I am not sure why my software locks some of these tp's but not others. The only information I have a hard time finding in order to make manual entries is the NID and TID. It seems I have read other places here where some of the receivers or software provide this info and so hoping someone can teach me how or check and pass on the info.

I checked my channel list for the AZBox in Maz 3.0 and while it did give the NIDs, I don't know how accurate it is. It listed OETA, PBS E/W, and PBS Create mux as 0, LPB as 1, and Montana PBS as 65535. When I used the SharpC Channel Master program on a list for my Pansat 3500SD (list made before I moved the satellite to the AZBox), it doesn't seem to list the NIDs, as every channel (on all satellites) was listed as 0. If you can find a copy of SharpC Channel Master (while their site is still there, it doesn't seem to work) you could try it with a channel list from your Coolsat and see if it lists the NIDs.

I checked my channel list for the AZBox in Maz 3.0 and while it did give the NIDs, I don't know how accurate it is. It listed OETA, PBS E/W, and PBS Create mux as 0, LPB as 1, and Montana PBS as 65535. When I used the SharpC Channel Master program on a list for my Pansat 3500SD (list made before I moved the satellite to the AZBox), it doesn't seem to list the NIDs, as every channel (on all satellites) was listed as 0. If you can find a copy of SharpC Channel Master (while their site is still there, it doesn't seem to work) you could try it with a channel list from your Coolsat and see if it lists the NIDs.

Thanks Keith. The 65535 worked for Montana (which with LPB were the only ones that my software actually locked with scan), PBS E/W feeds and the Create mux. The only one I am still having trouble with is OETA. I have tried 65535, 0 and 1 with no results. The only other unknown is the TID. I believe the TID on all the others is 1. I am not sure I will get anything on OETA that I am not already getting on the others but would still like to figure it out. Would my coolsat register the s2 transponders so that I could possibly get the NID's and TID's with Channel Master?

Thanks Keith. The 65535 worked for Montana (which with LPB were the only ones that my software actually locked with scan), PBS E/W feeds and the Create mux. The only one I am still having trouble with is OETA. I have tried 65535, 0 and 1 with no results. The only other unknown is the TID. I believe the TID on all the others is 1. I am not sure I will get anything on OETA that I am not already getting on the others but would still like to figure it out. Would my coolsat register the s2 transponders so that I could possibly get the NID's and TID's with Channel Master?

The TIDs for all are 1, as you suspected, all that is, except for OETA, which is 2347. Try that with the NID of 0, and see whether that works. Don't think the Coolsat 6000 will register the S2 transponders, but someone else would know better.

The TIDs for all are 1, as you suspected, all that is, except for OETA, which is 2347. Try that with the NID of 0, and see whether that works. Don't think the Coolsat 6000 will register the S2 transponders, but someone else would know better.

Thanks Keith, that may be the key to unlock the OETA channels for me. I will try it as soon as possible but watching Poirot on LPBHD at this exact moment. You gota love FTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)