PBS Waiver to get WNET?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
While checking out TitanTV, I see that WNET the PBS station from New York, carries my sons favorate show Bob teh Builder daily. Can I request a PBS waiver to get WNET or is the national PBS feed all I can get (my local PBS station WEDU only carries BDB once a week).

Good Luck

While checking out TitanTV, I see that WNET the PBS station from New York, carries my sons favorate show Bob teh Builder daily. Can I request a PBS waiver to get WNET or is the national PBS feed all I can get (my local PBS station WEDU only carries BDB once a week).[/QUO

Good Luck getting a waiver from the station. Donations from local public is what your local PBS lives off of. :hatsoff:

While checking out TitanTV, I see that WNET the PBS station from New York, carries my sons favorate show Bob teh Builder daily. Can I request a PBS waiver to get WNET or is the national PBS feed all I can get (my local PBS station WEDU only carries BDB once a week).

simple answer-no

little more explained answer-not unless you live in New York. It is only a local for them and is not a distant.

another explanation-there is a National PBS feed (not WNET) that is only available to areas that do not have a PBS in their market. If the locals are available and there is no PBS, then they get National PBS. If your locals are not available on DIsh, you can qualify for it. Once your locals become available, technically you lose the National PBS but people have had it. You can not add it once your locals are available even if you don't take locals.

yardline:

Have you checked out WUSF-TV Channel 16, it is also a PBS affiliate in the Tampa area.

Walt

Yes, Public TV even more hostile regarding making sure you can see only your local PBS's. The local fund-drives as mentioned above is the reason. And, for what it is worth, the previous president of PBS pushed very hard for local public TV to use the additional bandwidth that could have been used for HD and use it to broadcast 6 channels of lack-luster PBS programming. Shows their attitude at the time. BTW, does anyone know what PBS's current attitude is regarding the additional bandwidth?