PBSEHD (PBS HD schedule)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Never consistent!!! Anyone know why? Pardon my ignorance but shouldn't there be a standard schedule??

This is driving my crazy!

Is is just a "bulk feed" channel whose schedule changes every week?

(I.E.) None of the shows are on at the same time each week.

I know they're changing a bunch of their channels and transponders around. But I don't think they've changed their schedule.

Just checked the TitanTV schedule and it's definately not what's on right now. *shrug*

According to an engineer at KCTS, the stations get a schedule from Headquarters and are to record the programs they want and broadcast them when the network says they can. The stations have quite a bit of latitude when to air the programs, so usually air when they want. He would not tell me if ANY of the programs have regular time slots.

KCTS supplies programs for many stations in the northwest from their "cans". As one example all the quilting programs are rather old. No quilting off the satellite at this time.

EDIT: from the looks of the previous post this may be changing between Dec 21 and Feb 10. Then, MAYBE, only one channel may be for unscheduled programing... After reading that post the Engr. may not know of any that are ready for air!

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance but shouldn't there be a standard schedule??

Techno,

You are pardoned. I had the same problem until about two weeks when I figured out what the problem was then I solved it. Here is my post with the solution I came up with..........

Up until recently I have been getting the PBS HD schedule from Titan TV by using the schedule for PBSEHD. For some reason the PBSEHD is now showing the schedule for other PBS channels. I have discovered that using the call letters WTIUDT1 I can receive an accurate schedule for PBS HD. For the record, WTIU is the Indiana University PBS station out of Bloomington, Indiana.

yep PBS SD is going away....HD channel will be the only way

well...Montana PBS will still be there ;)

Can we get Montana PBS on AMC 21 out here on the Pacific Northwest with a 36" dish? I think I read it was more or less a spot beam?
Have not tried for this Satellite yet as I don't have a HD receiver to enjoy the PBS HD yet.

Can we get Montana PBS on AMC 21 out here on the Pacific Northwest with a 36" dish? I think I read it was more or less a spot beam?
Have not tried for this Satellite yet as I don't have a HD receiver to enjoy the PBS HD yet.
I get it fine on a Azure Shine 90 CM in the Portland, Oregon area. Montana is SD - haven't tried PBS HD yet.
Bob

It's Montana PBS for us here in Wisconsin. We contribute to them, hope they will stay put for the long haul.

I do like the PBS HD stuff, too, and watch it. Hope the next crop of receivers will have the capabilities to do everything we can expect to need from them for the next long while. I'll be in the market for a second receiver, but am wishing for something clearly superior to emerge.

The picture quality for the PBS HD is gorgeous on my current set-up. Can't complain.

It's Montana PBS for us here in Wisconsin. We contribute to them, hope they will stay put for the long haul.
I think they will as there are some small cable companies in Montana. And they are state wide :)

The picture quality for the PBS HD is gorgeous on my current set-up. Can't complain.

so true. My local PBS has a SD feed on it too so there is some compromise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)