PC Card question???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba108

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
Really would like to get those GDMX channels on G-16. I really don't know much about computer cards but was wondering if this one would work on 4:2:2 format. If it would work, would it work right out of the box or would I need a bunch of downloads to get it to work?

Amazon.com: DVB-S Satellite & NTSC TV Tuner Combo Card - TVStar: Electronics

And if this one isn't good, could someone recommend a good 'cheap' card that would work?

:confused:

according to Lyngsat 2 of those GDMX channels are DVB and 1 is DVB-S2, so you need a card that supports both of them. it doesn't look like that card does DVB-S2

Check out this website for a big list of tuner cards and their capabilities (I'm sure not every tuner is listed so Google still may help you find more):
TSReader Hardware Support - this shows a list of hardware that works with TSReader, but it also works as a good hardware reference to figure out card capabilities.

Also, according to the above link, it looks like Hauppauge and Technotrend have cards with both DVB-S and DVB-S2 support.

:EDIT:
The card you have listed has NTSC support, and you don't need that unless you are trying to tune/receive analog OTA channels with an antenna.

according to Lyngsat 2 of those GDMX channels are DVB and 1 is DVB-S2, so you need a card that supports both of them. it doesn't look like that card does DVB-S2

That transponder that Lyngsat lists as DVB-S2 doesn't seem to be there. The regular DVB transponders were still there. I don't know if the S2 one has moved, or is just not 24/7, but there is no transponder there right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)