PC Card recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I was looking to buy one of these cards to view DVB 4.2.2 signals. I was hoping to have one that was usb based so that I could use my new laptop.
I see that some of the advertisments on ebay say that the device is also capable of using a satellite for internet downloads . Does anyone have any good experiences of these devices and could therefore offer a recommenfdation.
Thanks for any help and advice
Tony

Im happy with the DVBWorld I bought from Sadoun, I am able to get DVB-S2, HD and 4:2:2. I think it was 135 plus 11 shipping, which is great because there are some companies (skyvision) that really take advantage of outside of the US clients when it comes to shipping. These dudes charged me 25 dollars to send me a servomotor via USPS. I ended up paying 61 dollars for a lousy servo motor, never again though!

There are 10 dishes but presently only 8 are operational. Of the 2 dormant ones, a 1 meter Channel Master is for business use and is about to be repointed back to Intelsat 3R at 43W, and a 1.2 meter Prodelin is awaiting my lazy butt to get it pointed to AMC 5 for DSNG use.

---cut--- I see that some of the advertisments on ebay say that the device is also capable of using a satellite for internet downloads . Does anyone have any good experiences of these devices and could therefore offer a recommenfdation.
Thanks for any help and advice
Tony

Hi, regarding the Internet downloads I believe it requires an asymmetric connection that uses a dial-up for uploads and the satellite for downloads. I looked into this a few years ago and could not find any providers in N.A. that offer this type of service. It was in use in Europe a while back. Not sure if it is still used any more. You might be able to capture some raw data packets using a one way FTA dish and LNB from some of the data TPs on some of the satellites but you will not be able to download web pages or email Ect. Later, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)