PC EHD to Dish Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ercav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hi, I have done a search on several search engines and on this site and I can't find information on this anywhere. I have a western digital my passport 250 gb ehd that I have been using for my PC. I would like to use it as an EHD for my bedroom receiver. My 622 does not recognize the ehd. Do I have to reformat the ehd on my PC 1st or is this even possible. I did read on this site that some have had success by plugging this drive into a usb hub. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. By the way I have paid for the authorization to use an EHd and I have a 1tb WD EHD on my other 622.

I have a western digital my passport 250 gb ehd that I have been using for my PC. I would like to use it as an EHD for my bedroom receiver. My 622 does not recognize the ehd.
Dish ViP receivers' USB 2.0 port won't support external drives that are powered off of the USB connection. If the WD My Passport drive has an external power connection, it could work, however, the Western Digital website shows just the USB port is available. You're better off buying a self-powered EHD instead.

The ehd has a place to be able to plug in an external power source, but nothing came with it. Is there somewhere I could buy an external power source that would be compatable with it. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)