pc satellite apps dying out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sichbo is an online handle for the main developer of sichbopvr. it is great. merkin is mixed in their somehow as well. essentially the software turns your pc into a stb. how does a program guide for your fta channels sound ? of course id love if it had skin support but the default interface is cool enuff. it has blsa support and may in the future support more blind scan capable tuners. the pid tools are pretty cool too. it does have a slight learning curve but mainly i think its the terminology used in the gui. click on everything and see what it does. it does alot for a small download. dvbn has good info.

crackt out,.

Ok thank you! I googled it and found the site. I'll do some research into it.

I don't see any use for "skins". With the app I am using now I never see anything except the tv picture. That's all I'm interested in. Pretty graphics don't interest me. Oh well..

I have no clue what blsa or bda is but I guess it's a feature I need to google. I've seen bda mentioned before here but I don't know what it is. I just saw this blsa mentioned and I have never heard of that until now. If these are features that make the app work better then I guess that's something I need to read up on.

It looks like no one is making a tuner box that gets satellite and OTA in one box so I'm probably going to be stuck with this stupid pc for the long term. :mad:

I guess the (American) world revolves around the EXPENSIVE and stupid pizza tuners and crummy cable! :mad:

BDA is Microsoft's Broadcast Driver Architecture. A standardized way of writing drivers for our DVB computer applications. Nearly all applications use this now. An alternative to the WDM drivers (Windows Driver Modules).

BLSA is a Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer that shows graphs of broadcasting spectrum. You can actually see where/when a signal is broadcasting.

DRCars

:(

Well, that Sichbo app, won't help me either..

It only supports 4 port discque switches and it does not support the remote control for my Hauppage tuner cards. :(

Well, I'm not really surprised.

As much as I dislike that app, My Theater, it does the very, very basics and works with the stuff I have. I guess that's why he (my ex) installed the thing on here.

It looks like I'm stuck with it... :(

Attachments

• bummer.png
    bummer.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 117
:(

Well, that Sichbo app, won't help me either..

It only supports 4 port discque switches and it does not support the remote control for my Hauppage tuner cards. :(

Well, I'm not really surprised.

As much as I dislike that app, My Theater, it does the very, very basics and works with the stuff I have. I guess that's why he (my ex) installed the thing on here.

It looks like I'm stuck with it... :(

doesnt your 8x1 switch work with 8 diseqc 1.2 positions ??? im sure thats how the ones i lookt at workt. i use a 17x4 switch with it no probs. if needed ill get in touch with the right people to have it added but im sure itll work somehow. what brand of switch is it ?

crackt out,.

I use the same kind of switch. An 8X1 uncommitted switch (DiSEqC 1.1)
Uncommitted LNB 1 raw command E0 10 39 F0
Uncommitted LNB 2 raw command E0 10 39 F1
Uncommitted LNB 3 raw command E0 10 39 F2
Uncommitted LNB 4 raw command E0 10 39 F3
Uncommitted LNB 5 raw command E0 10 39 F4
Uncommitted LNB 6 raw command E0 10 39 F5
Uncommitted LNB 7 raw command E0 10 39 F6
Uncommitted LNB 8 raw command E0 10 39 F7

DiSEqC 1.1 goes up to Uncommitted LNB 16 raw command E0 10 39 FF
But I've never seen a 16 port uncommitted switch

Last edited:
Which suddennly makes me think. How many raw commands can you stack together in DVBDream? I've stacked uncommitted and committed commands. I've always used USALS for my motor, but could I also stack the DiSEqC 1.2 raw command for my motor? With MyTheatre my LNB settings for Echo11 on my Winegard 2076 with QPH-031 would be UncLNB1,POS 4, Com LNB2. In DD could I send raw command E0 10 39 F0 E0 31 6B 04 E0 10 38 F4 ? I might have to dust off DD and give it another go.

progdvb also its updated regularly... it just recieved an update... along with dvb-s it does iptv

the_man_one said:
the lite version is free Dee_Ann

The lite version doesn't allow recording over 60 seconds.

And it's just too techy for me.

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

crackt said:
doesnt your 8x1 switch work with 8 diseqc 1.2 positions ??? im sure thats how the ones i lookt at workt. i use a 17x4 switch with it no probs. if needed ill get in touch with the right people to have it added but im sure itll work somehow. what brand of switch is it ?

crackt out,.

Um, I do not know about the 1.2 stuff.

I'll check the model later when I get up for the "day".

Magic Static said:
Uncommitted LNB 1 raw command E0 10 39 F0
Uncommitted LNB 2 raw command E0 10 39 F1
Uncommitted LNB 3 raw command E0 10 39 F2
Uncommitted LNB 4 raw command E0 10 39 F3
Uncommitted LNB 5 raw command E0 10 39 F4
Uncommitted LNB 6 raw command E0 10 39 F5
Uncommitted LNB 7 raw command E0 10 39 F6
Uncommitted LNB 8 raw command E0 10 39 F7

OMG. Say what ??????

I like the look of the sichbo app. But it doesn't support my remote control so that's a major deal breaker.

Sigh.....

Stuck with the crummy old my theater app I guess.

That's ok. They are fixing the azbox. I'll save up and wait for that.

crackt said:
you could try event ghost to get your remote going.

crackt out,.

What is that??? An app? Or is it a feature in the sichbo app??

I haven't written sichbo off just yet.
It looks cool but it may be a bit much for me if I have to learn programming. I am not very computer smart.

I think Emp-Centauri in Czechoslovakia might make 16 port uncommitted switches.

Dee_Ann said:
What is that??? An app? Or is it a feature in the sichbo app??

I haven't written sichbo off just yet.
It looks cool but it may be a bit much for me if I have to learn programming. I am not very computer smart.

google it. its an app that will let you map any pc function to your remote.its not really programming but there will be a learning curve. i didnt see what kind of remote your using. maybe sichbo would add support for it.

crackt out,.

I think Emp-Centauri in Czechoslovakia might make 16 port uncommitted switches.

~This~ is the switch I have. It apparently is an "DIGIWAVE DGS-SW*X1"..
I found it on ebay last year for about $20 I think. I checked and they are still selling these a-plenty on ebay for about $20 through various sellers.

I'm thinking that when I get ahead a little I might do well to buy a second one as a spare just in case I ruin this one, I see you guys giving warnings all the time about how easy it is to mess them up. And knowing my luck, I would ruin mine then find out they don't make them anymore. :(

It's always a good idea to have a spare of anything that is important to you. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 81
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)