Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
So the price was right on a PCI dual ASI out Dektec DTA 105. So I got in a PC playing a TS demo from Devo. So the ASI output goes to the SA QAM modulator that sends it around the house on ch.11 video pid is the sub ex video pid 12 channel would be 11.12

Attachments

• image-4242790263.jpg
    image-4242790263.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 173
  • image-760576929.jpg
    image-760576929.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 170
Here's what the TS player software looks like. I have tested and played back TS from stb's works perfect :)

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 193
Had to do some research to know what you were saying. Very cool!! Could it be tied to something like dvbviewer or transedit and send out a mux with multiple subchannels? Say 11.1 – 11.12?

I have used the Dektec ASI output and modulator cards for many years. Playout data loops for updating/testing STBs and audio files for radio via satellite.

Have bought several cards on Ebay for under $100, but usually they don't come with a license and those are not cheap! Did you get the license with yours?

You could also purchase a PCI modulator to directly output a signal (your choice of flavor) from a TS instead of outputting ASI to an external modulator.

Yes, you could injest TCP or UDP streams instead of TS playout.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
Turns out I got lucky and all the cards have a licensee.

I'm working on a project for a senior home that will send the digital signage to all the rooms. Weather what's to eat etc...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)