PEAK INSIDE MY NEW 921!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genesis said:
I just opened my 921. I wanted to replace the fans; they are way too loud.
FANS
80mm 12v 100mA 2pin power connector, INDEK Corp. CFM A series
60mm 12v 75mA 2pin power connector, ELINA FAN
I replaced the 80mm stock fan with a PC Power & Cooling ThermaSense. It is much quieter. Next weekend I will either replace the stock 60mm with a quieter 60mm, or try to fit another 80mm ThermaSense (it would be extremely tight). The ThermaSense (is identical to their Silencer, but has built-in thermostatic speed control). According to real tests (not manufacturer's claims) their is only one quieter 80mm fan on the market which I will be purchasing and testing. However, it does not have thermostatic control.

Posters were calling me brave when I opened it up at first. Well, you beat me!!
I quess you need to keep the old fans to reinstall in case you get a defective 921!!!
Of course the E* people would frown on your warranty violation!!!!!!!!!

Since the HD-Tivo is not yet available, it too only lives in ones imagination.

Incaico said:
Stop imagining and wait for the DIRECTV HD TiVo.

2-HD Sat Tuners :shocked
2-ATSC Tuners :shocked

You guys that opened up your 921's are aweful brave for putting your $1,000+ investment on the line by voiding your warranty automatically by opening them up.

I am guessing the extra space will be used for the DVD burner in the future that I heard people talking about, but also a two tuner receiver with two tv outputs (922) and perhaps an extra hard drive as someone had mentioned since more HD content will cause more of a demand for more space, perhaps even have additional tuners as well to keep the cost down on having multiple tv's have HD DVR functionality. Could be a more common type of receiver in the future as DVR and HD will become standard later on.

Anyone have a good closeups of the Dishwire area of the PCB inside? I would appreciate getting the TI chipset numbers off those photos. I'm working on something here. If I don't get any response then I'll be opening up my 921 to do my own information collection.

Tahoerob said:
i did not look specifically, sorry

edit: also I am NOT going to open it again to find out!!!! The unit is in use.

I received my RA receiver today and did open up my 921 that I was sending back and it did have a second IDE connector. I wish I would have seen this before opeing it :D

Don Landis said:
Anyone have a good closeups of the Dishwire area of the PCB inside? I would appreciate getting the TI chipset numbers off those photos. I'm working on something here. If I don't get any response then I'll be opening up my 921 to do my own information collection.
It's hard to see it - 2BDHXNTC/TSB41AB2; hope it right one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)