People switching from DISH to Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Notch another one for someone switching from DISH to Directv.

My mom is switching today. My co-worker switched last week and is getting set up this week.

On both occasions it was because of price and service quality.

Another convert, And I found this group while trying to fill in the blanks of the book.

I switched from E* to D* today. My R10 DVR was installed as well as a D10 unit in my bedroom.

I have one question; The D10 has a "theme" guide startup page. I like this for my kids to be able to go directly to the kids programming. But with the R10 DVR I can't get the same thing. Coming from E* we had a favorites list for my kids and one for my wife and I. I see the closest thing to that with D* being the themes.

Any help is appreciated.

Been with D* for almost a week now from E*

Ive had Tivos for quite a while before i got the Ditrectivos.

there are no "Themes" per se as you are thinking. The idea of the Tivo DVR is not to ever watch live TV again. at least thats their philosophy. If you look in the search area under pick programs to record there is a themes list that might help in your quest. I know a lot of users who simply tivo a bunch of shows for their children and the kids can play them to their hearts content. Its kind of like a philosophy. Ill shut up now.

Short answer... no themes list
Long Answer... there is one and it is useful

just an FYI though. i believe all those kids channels are bunched together.

tivo does have a favorite list go to directv central--> messases & setup--> my preferences--> customize channels--> favorite channels

lee espinoza said:
tivo does have a favorite list go to directv central--> messases & setup--> my preferences--> customize channels--> favorite channels

yes but isnt ther eonly 1 list? other than the Channels you receive list?

What do you guys plan on doing when D* discontinues tivo in 2007 and goes with their own (crappy) european style dvr?

I will worry about that when the time comes. Right now I am enjoying the world of TIVO! No regrets whatsoever.

juan said:
What do you guys plan on doing when D* discontinues tivo in 2007 and goes with their own (crappy) european style dvr?
Staying with TiVo unless the D* offering is better. It is not like TiVo is going away. I cite UltimateTV by Microsoft ... there are still thousands of sunb for that even at $10/mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee espinoza

ShadowEKU said:
yes but isnt ther eonly 1 list? other than the Channels you receive list?
Yup ... one favoites list for the whole family. It is a bummer as I would like to restrict my 8-year olds guide much further.

Enforcer said:
I will worry about that when the time comes. Right now I am enjoying the world of TIVO! No regrets whatsoever.

Told ya so...

slacker9876 said:
Yup ... one favoites list for the whole family. It is a bummer as I would like to restrict my 8-year olds guide much further.

Alternatively you could alter the channels you receive to be your favorites and set a favorites list for your children.

All great responses.

I guess the last one makes the most sense. Set up a favorite list for my 8 year old and use the tivo or whole guide for us.

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)