Person of Interest

Very interesting Interview with POI executive producer on fuscos death 'Person of Interest': EPs Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman discuss Carter's shocking [SPOILER!] By Marc Snetiker on Nov 20, 2013 at 2:02AM http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/20/person-interest-jonathan-nolan-greg-plageman-carter-death/ Episode 10 is called “The Devil’s Share” and it deals very explicitly with the fallout from this episode, in which Robert John Burke’s character Simmons has killed Carter and his number comes up. Finch is confronted for the first time with a conundrum: someone’s going to die and it’s probably going to be at the hand of one of his allies, but he doesn’t know which one.

What an episode, and not what I expected. I believe we were led to believe Fusco would be the one to get killed and that's what I thought. I honestly did not see Carter being the one to die. I really liked her character.
All I could say after being on the edge of my seat during the ending of the episode- was WOW! or something similar.

She is discussing it now. She knew she would be killed off, but did not know exactly when because she would not commit to a 7 year TV project. It was her choice sort of.

I am still disappointed. I love her character!

The TV blogs are filled with a lot of bitterness toward CBS' decision to kill off Carter. A fair number of folks said they will not watch POI again. Although I am disappointed, to me the show is still all about the main characters Reese and Finch, but CBS really built-up Carter's role this season (not to mention promoting her back to Detective) prior to her murder. No doubt the show will be different without her.

"Person of Interest" Star Reacts to Show Exit
On Wednesday's "Late Show," Taraji P. Henson talked about the surprise death of her character, Detective Carter, on “Person of Interest” and whether anyone knew in advance about her secret. It was her first talk show interview since her character’s shocking exit on Tuesday night’s episode. In the interview, Henson told Letterman that she was aware when she signed on to do the project that the character would die eventually, and that while she knew it would happen, she just didn’t know when. Even on TV, death can strike at any moment! [video]http://tv.yahoo.com/video/person-interest-star-reacts-show-085611247.html[/video]

Tuesday, 26 November 2013 (9:00 PM ET)

"As the team seeks justice for Carter's death, Finch fears one team member will go too far; the number of one of HR's key players comes up in the machine."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3331452/
Translate:
As the team seeks justice for Carter's death, Finch fears Reese will go too far; Patrick Simmons' number comes up in the machine.

In other words Finch and the team need to protect Simmons from Reese. I get the feeling that Finch will look the other way to on this one in order to protect Fusco. We shall see. Regardless, it should be a good finish to the trilogy.

Great show and what a way to end it with Hr and loved the ending in the hospital room with Elias where simmons got his comings and you got to love shaw and root as a team would be good but will root join them or turn on them...hmmm!!! ;) :)

What a great episode! I'll tell you that I usually dislike montages set to some popular song at the end of shows. I usually think it's nothing more than a time filler for a writer that ran out of ideas. In the case of the opening Montage for this weeks episode set to a very, very old Johnny Cash rendition of "Ain't no grave", it was brilliant TV! The entire show was full of twists and turns considering the very simple plot. This series has to be the best drama on commercial TV.

This episode was also responsible for my first purchase of music in a couple of years. I had to buy Johnny Cash's American IV - Aint No Grave. (Released posthumously in 2010)

What a ending to the trilogy of episodes. I'm still on the edge of my seat, so to speak. I kept the last 3 episodes because I want to watch them again in a
mini-marathon.
Nice to see Fusco be the one to arrest Simmons. I wonder where the show will go from here. Looking forward to the next chapter.

An episode that if you had never seen the show before and didn't really know what was going on,would make you want to find out what's going on.
As for where they go from here,Root said something's coming.

I really liked the Johnny Cash song too, seemed to fit well. Gave me goosebumps, doesn't happen very often. Great show. Makes me more thankful I have my big old satellite dish, so I can pick up jems like this one once in a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)