Pet Food

As a kid, we had a cat that was given a taste of cooked liver. Effect was astonishing. Went on a hunger strike, wouldn’t eat anything else. We learned it would eat raw liver. Liver was cheap back then. Guess who had the job of cutting up the raw liver to feed the cat?

Good result was, we never had liver for supper again. SWMBO likes liver and onions. She can eat it in restaurants (remember them?) but not at home. I prefer not to eat another creature’s poison filter. Or smell it.

All cats I’ve had since have had canned and dry free feeding. I might go grain free, as I have for the last two we had. Someday, I expect we will serve cats again.

Negative, I got to many dogs to deal with. I just feed them “Taste Of The Wild” “Ancient Grains” dry dog food. I do change them through the different flavors every month though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two cats have taken up residence in our back yard. But not concurrently. I suspect a turf war. Put out a bowl of tuna with the liquid. Looks like no takers. I expect a clean bowl tomorrow morning, as we have other nocturnal creatures that examine us for food quite often.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Are there any websites that have recipes or advice for home made pet food? I'm guessing the nutritional benefits are worth it if you have the time. I know my little guy loves chicken and beef. I even make him his own tiny burger when I fire up the grill. (Yeah, I know. Don't say it.)