Pete Rose makes tearful apology at Roast

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Should Rose be in the Hall of Fame?

• Yes as player

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Yes as manager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Both as player and Manager

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Jimbo said:
There is nothing wrong with betting on other Sports when your playing, I'm sure the sports leader wouldn't endorse it, but it's legal.

Strange how NO ONE from the Reds ever said anything about it to the media.

I know Rose , Morgan and Bench don't get a long, but I don't know if that is why.

Johnny Bench has. He said Rose knew the rules but broke them.

Bench has talked about knowing that Pete was gambling ?

Is this during or years later when it's too late to do anything ?

Bench is a jerk and will say anything to get Pete into more trouble. He was always jealous of him because he was bigger in Cincy than him.

Hmmm,
You could be on to something here, If Roger would apologize for Pete, Pete would do the same for Roger and they could BOTH now get into the Hall :up

I honestly could give two dungs if Roger Clemens EVER got into the HOF. Rose, OTOH, I WANT IN!!!

I honestly could give two dungs if Roger Clemens EVER got into the HOF. Rose, OTOH, I WANT IN!!!

I always liked Rose and the rest of the Big Red Machine, thats the time I was growing up.

I also watched Clemons career from the time he was a standout at Texas.

I think Clemons put up HOF numbers LONG before he got into the Steroids.

If you look at the end of his Boston career and how much better he was in Toronto, I think it 's obvious when the steroids started.

Same can be said for Bonds .... it's easy to tell when this stuff happened.

If anybody sees a man trying to lose to win a bet in any game Pete Rose played or managed in, they should quit watching baseball and find something they remotely might be able to follow.

The injustice of Rose's ban, especially when you contrast it to Steinbrenner's similar "lifetime" ban for actions that were clearly far more evil (if you consider undocumented gambling to be evil at all) and that nothing has or will be done about the druggies, the sterioid cheats, the strikers, and the outlaw owners, are just a small part of the shameful stain of the game that is Bud Selig.

Guys. He admitted to betting on games that he even played in . Read the agreement that he signed . In August 1989, three years after he retired as an active player, Rose agreed. He bet on games while playing for and managing the Reds, including claims that he bet on his own team. He wasn't forced to sign it but he also knew that they had more damaging evidence against him. I had to go back and look at some of the News Coverage of the event including local Ohio News Coverage.
In 2007 Rose said on the Dan Patrick show that he bet on his team . And he also said he didn't bet on them every night. From the Dan Patrick Show. "I bet on my team every night. I didn't bet on my team four nights a week. I bet on my team to win every night because I loved my team, I believed in my team," But John Dowd who investigated said that wasn't true. Rose only bet when he knew he could win. He would bet against his team when a bad pitcher was pitching for the Reds. Rose finally admitted to betting on his team but only when he was releasing his new book.

Now Paul Janszen, and bookie Ron Peters both were convicted of drug charges. They also gave the evidence about Pete Rose and Gambling. This is what I was talking about when I said they may have had some really bad stuff on Rose including links to Organized Crime. Rose hired "runners" to place bets for him and they worked for the mob. It got really messy at that point. Rose was selling things like the bat he used to break Ty Cobbs record to cover his bets.

He also had to go to Jail for Tax Problems that came out of the investigations.

Again, It could have been much worse for Rose then just a ban from baseball.

Last edited:
Guys. He admitted to betting on games that he even played in . Read the agreement that he signed . In August 1989, three years after he retired as an active player, Rose agreed. He bet on games while playing for and managing the Reds, including claims that he bet on his own team. He wasn't forced to sign it but he also knew that they had more damaging evidence against him. I had to go back and look at some of the News Coverage of the event including local Ohio News Coverage.
In 2007 Rose said on the Dan Patrick show that he bet on his team . And he also said he didn't bet on them every night. From the Dan Patrick Show. "I bet on my team every night. I didn't bet on my team four nights a week. I bet on my team to win every night because I loved my team, I believed in my team," But John Dowd who investigated said that wasn't true. Rose only bet when he knew he could win. He would bet against his team when a bad pitcher was pitching for the Reds. Rose finally admitted to betting on his team but only when he was releasing his new book.

Now Paul Janszen, and bookie Ron Peters both were convicted of drug charges. They also gave the evidence about Pete Rose and Gambling. This is what I was talking about when I said they may have had some really bad stuff on Rose including links to Organized Crime. Rose hired "runners" to place bets for him and they worked for the mob. It got really messy at that point. Rose was selling things like the bat he used to break Ty Cobbs record to cover his bets.

He also had to go to Jail for Tax Problems that came out of the investigations.

Again, It could have been much worse for Rose then just a ban from baseball.

Unfortunately, most people think that when Rose went to jail, it was because of his gambling, however thats not really true.

So TV,

When you vote for the HOF do you vote on what the guy did ON THE FIELD or off as well ?

Why is TY Cobb in the HOF, why is Babe Ruth in the HOF, if you look at thier lives outside of baseball , neither of them should be in.

Unfortunately, most people think that when Rose went to jail, it was because of his gambling, however thats not really true.

So TV,

When you vote for the HOF do you vote on what the guy did ON THE FIELD or off as well ?

Why is TY Cobb in the HOF, why is Babe Ruth in the HOF, if you look at thier lives outside of baseball , neither of them should be in.

Yes he did. He didn't claim money from some of his winnings. That was one reason he went to jail.

And about voting for the hall of fame I would vote for what he did
On the field. And Rose bet on his team while he was "on the field'

And guess what? He's still gamblingPete Rose Still Has A Gambling Problem | Paneech today.

You guys really want to support Pete Rose?
Tommy Gioiosa alleges that Rose bet on baseball, used a corked bat, and participated in drug dealings. Remember what I said about the Commissioner of Baseball having more damaging evidence that he found as they looked at the evidence of Gambling. If two of the video interviews I have are accurate, Bart Giamatti told Rose what they had and as part of a secret agreement they would bury the real bad stuff and just report the gambling . Rose at the point might have been relieved that only that would be known to the public.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts