Pete Van Wieren

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
Pete Van Wieren former Atlanta Braves broadcaster has passed away at the age of 69 after a long battle with cancer. I started watching the Braves in 1980/81 and along with Skip Carey, Ernie Johnson, and John Sterling they formed a great team that drew in fans on TBS from all over the nation. Skip, who passed away a few years ago was such the opposite of Pete and I think that is why they made such a great team. Pete was known as the "Professor" because of his knowledge of baseball. Prayers for his family and friends.

Pete Van Wieren was the perfect balance to that TBS booth. I watched their games just about everyday back in the 80's. I enjoyed Pete,Skip and Ernie very much. It's very sad that they are all gone now. RIP Pete

Pete Van Wieren was the perfect balance to that TBS booth. I watched their games just about everyday back in the 80's. I enjoyed Pete,Skip and Ernie very much. It's very sad that they are all gone now. RIP Pete
Definitely sad. I grew up watching them on Channel 17. Every evening at 7:05, I would be outside adjusting the antenna pole as my dad would yell from inside whether to turn left or right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)