Pete Rose

This is crap he deserves to be in Hall of Fame!! :)
Not till he's dead. that ___ ____ said he feared Pete would gamble on a game again.

"And, significantly, he told me he currently bets recreationally and legally on horses and sports, including baseball.

My question is did he ask Pete ..........if I reinstate you will you never bet on baseball ever again ?
if Pete agreed reinstate him. he's done 26 years. if Pete ever bet baseball again throw him out.

Not till he's dead. that ___ ____ said he feared Pete would gamble on a game again.

"And, significantly, he told me he currently bets recreationally and legally on horses and sports, including baseball.

My question is did he ask Pete ..........if I reinstate you will you never bet on baseball ever again ?
if Pete agreed reinstate him. he's done 26 years. if Pete ever bet baseball again throw him out.
I think the Commish looked at it like this .... he figures if he was over his betting on baseball addiction, he would not be betting baseball now, and he still is, therefore he's not allowed in ...
That said, no one ever said Rose could NOT bet baseball once he's out of the game and no Commish has told him , in order to get back in he would have to show that he has not bet baseball.

The Commish I don't think addressed the HOF at all, I think he only addressed the Ban issue of betting baseball.

The Commish could easily have said .... Pete, you admitted that your still betting baseball, we'll make you eligible for the HOF, but you are not allowed to have a baseball job, seeing you still bet on baseball.

Then again, like I said, they never told him he had to quit to be accepted.

Pete did it to himself by getting caught in lie after lie. The "story" now (after being caught in the lie of never betting on the Reds when he was playing) is that he never bet against them. How long till that is found out to be another lie.

He had several chances to come clean and didn't, so woe is me...

How long has Jackson been banned? Let Rose serve at least that amount, or the next guy will think he gets even less for betting on the game. Not like Rose didn't know the rules and punishment beforehand.

I think the Commish looked at it like this .... he figures if he was over his betting on baseball addiction, he would not be betting baseball now, and he still is, therefore he's not allowed in ...
That said, no one ever said Rose could NOT bet baseball once he's out of the game and no Commish has told him , in order to get back in he would have to show that he has not bet baseball.

The Commish I don't think addressed the HOF at all, I think he only addressed the Ban issue of betting baseball.

The Commish could easily have said .... Pete, you admitted that your still betting baseball, we'll make you eligible for the HOF, but you are not allowed to have a baseball job, seeing you still bet on baseball.

Pete could, and should, show a major lifestyle change by stopping ALL betting. He should have done that years ago.

The fact that he didn't, or won't, knowing that "betting" is the sole reason he isn't being reinstated, strongly suggests he's got a serious problem (addiction)...

Pete could, and should, show a major lifestyle change by stopping ALL betting. He should have done that years ago.

The fact that he didn't, or won't, knowing that "betting" is the sole reason he isn't being reinstated, strongly suggests he's got a serious problem (addiction)...
I'm allowed to gamble, your allowed to gamble, he's no longer in the game, why can he not gamble ?

He's an adult, he should be able to gamble just like the rest of us.

Reactions: Ziptied
Pete did it to himself by getting caught in lie after lie. The "story" now (after being caught in the lie of never betting on the Reds when he was playing) is that he never bet against them. How long till that is found out to be another lie.

He had several chances to come clean and didn't, so woe is me...

How long has Jackson been banned? Let Rose serve at least that amount, or the next guy will think he gets even less for betting on the game. Not like Rose didn't know the rules and punishment beforehand.
They could put Jackson in, it wouldn't make any difference, seeing hes been long gone.

Reactions: Annie61
Why wasn't this clown banned ?
image.jpg

MLB has nothing to do with the HOF. The HOF is not owned by MLB and has no decision making.

I'm allowed to gamble, your allowed to gamble, he's no longer in the game, why can he not gamble ?

He's an adult, he should be able to gamble just like the rest of us.
And he ain't getting in the Hall of Fame.... If he quit, is that a guarantee that he will ? Of course not ! Could it improve his odds ? Doesn't take a genius to think that it might.

HOF requires you to be eligible for MLB, so if MLB bans you, so does the HOF.
It didn't used to be that way. They changed the rule some time after Bud Selig took over as commissioner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)