Pete Rose

The only confessions he's done, were when he was caught in a yet another lie. To which he then adds another lie to say he didn't do anything else. He then gets caught in that lie and says another. Lather Rinse Repeat.

The continued lied and revelations and further lies are whats continuing to keep him out.

Sure he now says he didn't bet on them to lose, bit until a week ago he said he never bet as a player and we all say how truthful that was.

Exactly my point. IF he would have confessed to EVERYTHING from the beginning not only would he be in the HOF but he would have been involved with baseball or even the Reds by now. THIS is the most disappointing thing about the whole situation...the lie on top of lie on top of lie.

Sports fans are INCREDIBLY forgiving to a fault when it comes to their favorite teams or players.

As far as we know, no one has found Rose to EVER bet on his team to LOSE.

Hes already confessed, what would you like him to do, come over to your house and personally confess to YOU ?

He is NOT or should Not be being kept out for the lies you mentioned, they have absolutly nothing to do with him being eligible for the HOF ...

Its gonna be pretty empty if they start throwing players out that have lied.

You just don't see it. FIRST he lied that he "never" bet on baseball..lie. Then he said he "never" bet on his team...lie. Then he said he "never" bet while managing...lie. Then, he "never" bet as a player...lie. NOW, he will more than likely say he "never bet against his team"..and I will to bet, no pun intended, that he is lying AGAIN based on his track record.

How many times does he have to lie?

You just don't see it. FIRST he lied that he "never" bet on baseball..lie. Then he said he "never" bet on his team...lie. Then he said he "never" bet while managing...lie. Then, he "never" bet as a player...lie. NOW, he will more than likely say he "never bet against his team"..and I will to bet, no pun intended, that he is lying AGAIN based on his track record.

How many times does he have to lie?
So him lying should do more than all hes accomplished PLAYING THE GAME ?

The HOF is suppose to be for those that played the game the best ...
There are an awful lot of lairs and cheaters that have played the game, many are in the HOF ...

I didn't know that what I said outside of the game would influence the HOF.

You still fail to understand that the HOF is for how the Game was played.

How many times does he have to lie you ask ... till the media shuts the ... up and any other wanna bes are done.

He can lie every day, it still doesn't make his playing ANY Different.

Once again, would you rather play against him, or some one high on drugs that could kill you ?

Not the gambling rules. They, and the punishments have been the same since 1927 and posted prominently in every MLB clubhouse since then....
Ok, from this point forward, baseball should not Allow anyone thats done drugs to be in the Hall...
And then remove any that have ....

Btw, are they taking others OUT of the HALL that have LIED ... I didn't think so.

There are an awful lot of lairs and cheaters that have played the game, many are in the HOF ...

How many times does he have to lie you ask ... till the media shuts the ... up and any other wanna bes are done.

Once again, would you rather play against him, or some one high on drugs that could kill you ?

Nevermind. LOL...

I agree .... tired of arguing about it.

Some see it one way, others see it the other way ... there is no winner.

The ONLY people that see it the other way is those that think he should get in regardless of what he did....no exception to the rules. Being an a$$hole has never been a rule, neither being an a liar. But when you are liar for BREAKING THE RULES, then you do not deserve to be there. Period. Because by using your logic, then Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and A-Rod should be in because they "only" lied about breaking the rules. IF you do not accept those guys into the hall then you are being a hypocrite.

I loves Pete Rose, but does not deserve to get in the fall....this last lie sealed the coffin for me.

Yep, Gaylord Perry is in there. ;)

Ok, from this point forward, baseball should not Allow anyone thats done drugs to be in the Hall...
And then remove any that have ....

Btw, are they taking others OUT of the HALL that have LIED ... I didn't think so.
51877331.jpg

I find it hypocritical that MLB still bans the greatest hitter in the history of the game from the HOF for gambling, something that did not involve cheating the game on the field of play, while at the same time accepting advertising monies from gambling websites like Draft Kings and make no mistake, Draft Kings is gambling. Cheaters like Bonds and Clemens are eligible for the HOF but Rose isn't? What a joke.

Reactions: vurbano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts