Peter Gammons Suffers Brain Aneurysm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hate to hear that.Our prayers and best wishes go out to Peter and his family.

Peter is so good every week on "Mike & Mike".

Saddest thing is, think about how many of our beloved sports icons, both players and non, who are getting up in age. Dick Vitale, Marv Albert, Chris Berman, Joe Namath, etc...Lots of sadness in the coming years, hopefully later rather than sooner.

There was some talk of Peter being the next commish of baseball but I guess if it wasn't nixed, his family wouldn't want him taking on such a stressful job, though it's probably not as stressful mentally or physically as being a sportswriter travelling all the time.

Purogamer said:
Peter is so good every week on "Mike & Mike".

Saddest thing is, think about how many of our beloved sports icons, both players and non, who are getting up in age. Dick Vitale, Marv Albert, Chris Berman, Joe Namath, etc...Lots of sadness in the coming years, hopefully later rather than sooner.

There was some talk of Peter being the next commish of baseball but I guess if it wasn't nixed, his family wouldn't want him taking on such a stressful job, though it's probably not as stressful mentally or physically as being a sportswriter travelling all the time.

Peter for Commish.....
I think it would be great do to his emmence knowledge and contacts, however, he is quite the BoSox fan. How fairly he could commish would have to be seen.

Although it has to be better than an OWNER for commish, that was the worst thing possible, I feel bad for the player, when you get suspended there is no way to appeal although they do anyway.
If the same person that gives the suspension is the one that arbitrates an appeal, WHATS the POINT :confused:

Get well soon

ps, I'd rather have Peter back doing what he's doing than being a commish.

How about Bob Costas for commish, at least he's not an owner.

Jimbo

We hadan open BoSox fan as commissioner before. Fay Vincent.

In the end I think that anyone who follows the sport is a fan of one or more teams. the issue is can they be impartial in spite of that. I suspect that Gammons could. But right now I just wish him a complete recovery.

Last edited:
What would be the worst thing that could happen if a very biased-to-one-team guy became commish, honestly?

Couldn't be any worse than Selig...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts