Peyton Manning

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
It is being reported Manning underwent further neck surgery this morning. It appears at least 2-3 months minimal recovery time.

I hate Peyton Manning(as a rival). But respect the hell out of him as a player. I never want to see great players go down with an injury.

What a piss poor job by Polian and the Colts being prepared for this. Other teams have developed a back-up (Patriots) or signed a veteran back-up (Steelers) when they knew they had good teams.

The Colts need an "Earl Morrall" QB. Maybe Kerry Collins can fill the bill. If you remember Earl Morrall,he filled in for Johnny Unitas & took the Colts to the Super Bowl against the New York Jets & Joe Willie Namath. He also took over for an injured Bob Griese & took the Dolphins to their undefeated season. If Collins can keep the Colts in contention,& play like he did with the Titans 3 seasons ago,the Colts will be out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

The Colts need an "Earl Morrall" QB. Maybe Kerry Collins can fill the bill. If you remember Earl Morrall,he filled in for Johnny Unitas & took the Colts to the Super Bowl against the New York Jets & Joe Willie Namath. He also took over for an injured Bob Griese & took the Dolphins to their undefeated season. If Collins can keep the Colts in contention,& play like he did with the Titans 3 seasons ago,the Colts will be out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Sooooo, have the Colts called Earl Morrall yet ? :D

The Colts are unique in that they built their ENTIRE team around Peyton Manning. Everything about how this team was constructed was with Peyton Manning in mind.

The Colts remind me of another team in another league.......The Cleveland Cavaliers. Without LeBron, without Manning, they're a whole different team.

A doctor was on Mike & Mike earlier today speaking about the fusion surgery specifically, not Manning's individual case. He said 3 months minimum before any contact would be allowed, and even then there's the question of whether the arm weakness/nerve issue is still there. That most likely won't be known until towards the end of the recovery process...

I'll be surprised if he ever plays again. I know the Colts are trying to remain optimistic, but I think they've got a big decision to make going into next season and Manning is due a $28m bonus on the 4th day of the league year.

Ok, is it me or was the Colts front office EXTREMELY stupid for signing Manning to that brand new $90 million contract BEFORE they even saw him on the field after his original surgery this offseason?

Ok, is it me or was the Colts front office EXTREMELY stupid for signing Manning to that brand new $90 million contract BEFORE they even saw him on the field after his original surgery this offseason?
they can get out after one year and 26mil i believe

A doctor was on Mike & Mike earlier today speaking about the fusion surgery specifically, not Manning's individual case. He said 3 months minimum before any contact would be allowed, and even then there's the question of whether the arm weakness/nerve issue is still there. That most likely won't be known until towards the end of the recovery process...
yeah i heard that. i think the colts need to shut peyton down and see if theres a chance this guy can be any good next season. i hope he can come back.

depend on the terms and conditions of the contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)