PG Format

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
I got rid of Voom and went back to DishNetwork, they came and installed my 811 yesterday. First off what happened to the SmartCard? In any case, I'm able to go widescreen without the bars on HD channels, and I managed to Stretch the SD channels, but the Program Guide has very anoying black bars on both sides. How the heck do I make it go widescreen?

You can't, if you're using the 811 itself for aspect ratio adjustment. Also, most HDTV's will not resize HD signals from their DVI or component inputs.

However, if you are using the s-video output of the 811 (which is unlikely), you can use the TV's aspect ratio adjustment to "zoom" the guide screen.

My HDTV does re-size via DVI, the problem is when I use the HD Stretch feature on my Mitsubishi the pictures hangs off the sides. I can stretch SD stuff and HD stuff is already widescreen, why wouldn the 811 treat the PG as SD content?

I wonder how we could go about submitting an enhancment request to DishNetwork Engineering?

Cool, I would encorage everyone interested to send in comments. The more people who request this feature, the more likely it will become a reality...

Thanks.

Please DO NOT send any feature requests to Dish. Let them work out all the bugs FIRST!!!

No, What kind of bugs have you guys seen? I guess I have it good, I just came from Voom, can't have any more bugs than that. Voom is a bug.

msnyder said:
Cool, I would encorage everyone interested to send in comments. The more people who request this feature, the more likely it will become a reality...

Thanks.

Um...you just said this was a "feature".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)