Phantom recording on Dish Anywhere (again)

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
This has happened to me before and I haven't seen it in a long time, however it is back.

All of a sudden, a phantom recording of BrainDead is showing up on my list of Dish Anywhere recordings. The info says that I recorded it on 08/07/16, however I have never recorded or watched that show (I have no idea what that show is about). If I try to play the recording, Dish Anywhere either tells me that it cannot be played, or just goes to live TV. When I try to erase the recording, it initially disappears from the recorded list, however it appears again the next time that I bring up the list of recorded shows. It can't be played and can't be erased!

This only happens with the PC version of Dish Anywhere. It doesn't matter which browser I use or which computer I use, they all act the same way and all show the phantom recording of BrainDead in the list of recorded shows. However, my iPhone acts correctly with Dish Anywhere and does not show the phantom recording. The list of recorded shows is correct in the Dish Anywhere app on my iPhone, and my HWS receiver also does not show the BrainDead recording.

This phantom recording has been there for about a month now. I guess this is another one of those weird bugs in the Dish Anywhere PC app that I just have to live with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)