Phase III Dish / SL3 LNB camping dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv 10, 11, 12, and the Spaceway satellites are lower power than Directv 4 and 8?

The ka sats at 99 and 103 are closer than others, but I don't think they are lower power. I'm sure there is someone here that knows a lot more about them than I do.

I've never had trouble with picture even with the Phase III mod when sometimes i settled for KA sigs in the 50's. Bottom line is that these hijacked dishes aren't bent like Slimlines so something's got to give. Even adjusted the arm length and position using the KA's at the expense of the 101. Helped but not much.

I've never had trouble with picture even with the Phase III mod when sometimes i settled for KA sigs in the 50's. Bottom line is that these hijacked dishes aren't bent like Slimlines so something's got to give. Even adjusted the arm length and position using the KA's at the expense of the 101. Helped but not much.
Now you have the idea,

Those signal meters give a summary of what is happening and are good enough to get a picture. Folks make themselves crazy trying to peak all the numbers. And yes, there is always a compromise needed to get an acceptable signal on the HD sats. You do slightly tune away from a max signal on the 101. As long as you are able to set up your portable rig you are good.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts