Phase III multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

martin1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Can I change out multi switch in arm of phase III dish? What voltage should I be getting from coax at dish. I have tivo and to other receivers and it looks like I am not getting Sat 101 but can get locals. Don't know what my locals are on.

multiswith

martin1 said:
Can I change out multi switch in arm of phase III dish? What voltage should I be getting from coax at dish. I have tivo and to other receivers and it looks like I am not getting Sat 101 but can get locals. Don't know what my locals are on.

So Martin you have 1 Tivo and 2 basic receivers ?
No ther switches in your drops?
And your zip code is ?

As Dishrich said the lnb and multiswitch are 1 unit on the Phase III dish.

Are you missing programming on the boxes?
Had it been working previously, or are you just now setting up for locals or something ?

VOOMER said:

So Martin you have 1 Tivo and 2 basic receivers ?
No ther switches in your drops?
And your zip code is ?

As Dishrich said the lnb and multiswitch are 1 unit on the Phase III dish.

Are you missing programming on the boxes?
Had it been working previously, or are you just now setting up for locals or something ?
No drops. It's straight from dish to tivo and receivers. Installed in Dec and 30 days out of warranty. my zip is 78681 (austin,Tx.) This is my daugther's house. Trouble started about two weeks ago with pizalation on one of the receivers then yesterday lost it on all receivers. There are no trees or anything in line of site. Didn't get to look at much yesterday but did notice one thing, I was going thru signal strength on 101 and notice that transponder 12 has signal strength of 85 and the others that I looked at was around 45 or below if that means anything. I won't get to go back to her house till tomorrow but there is one thing that I hoping on the outside chance it might be. This time of year we have problems with web worms and even thro she has clear line of site there is branches of tree above dish, thinking maybe there is web from worms over the 101 lnb.

Low signal strength would indicate dish has moved or something is blocking signal from getting to the dish. I am just north of Dallas and our leaves are just starting to emerge your should have been out a little longer and are now larger. The signal does not come straight into the dish it comes in about 22 degrees higher than straight out from the dish. You sound like leaves may be hanging down and the water in the leaves is blocking your daughters 101 signal.

Overhanging limbs does mess with signal strength a lot more than people give credit. Simply pull the limbs away from the dish if possible while someone checks the meter in the menu screen of one of the receivers. Other thing to try is to slowly push or pull on the edge of the dish while having someone call out the signal strength numbers (doing this before loosening any bolts will give you an idea which, if need be, direction the dish needs to be moved).

uboatcmdr said:
Overhanging limbs does mess with signal strength a lot more than people give credit. Simply pull the limbs away from the dish if possible while someone checks the meter in the menu screen of one of the receivers. Other thing to try is to slowly push or pull on the edge of the dish while having someone call out the signal strength numbers (doing this before loosening any bolts will give you an idea which, if need be, direction the dish needs to be moved).
It has a clear line of site. It on the edge of the tree and closest limb is about 8 feet about it. no limbs anywhere near line of site. Why would I get signal strength of 86 on transponder 12 and 8 Zero on 1 thru 5 and it is
btw 0 to 36 intermittant on all others. Is this telling me it is getting thru multi-switch? I would think it be zero if it wasn't getting thru at all.

Just has another thought. If the multi-switch is not working is the transponder 12 and 8 that has strong signal really on sat 110 or 119?
Just found a chart that d* uses 12 and 08 on 110. While I am looking for help can someone give me a good site that has the transponder assignment and what is on each transponder.

Martin are you using the dish for HD content?
Are your locals on the dish ?>>> yes i see they are /////skipped ny that .

If not 101 is your concern and you may just need to tweak the dish a little!
Did you try as uboat recomends and pull slightly on the dish in different directions to see if it changes signal strength ?

VOOMER said:
Martin are you using the dish for HD content?
Are your locals on the dish ?>>> yes i see they are /////skipped ny that .

If not 101 is your concern and you may just need to tweak the dish a little!
Did you try as uboat recomends and pull slightly on the dish in different directions to see if it changes signal strength ?
or 110? Where can I get a good breakdown on what is where?

martin1 said:
or 110? Where can I get a good breakdown on what is where?

101 is core programming , and i skipped by earlier and didnt see the locals in your post ,they are i believe on 119 for austin tx we may need to verify that.

Can you go into setup and get a readout of all tp on 101 this will give you an idea of what is going on.
Since you say locals are working ok and they are on at 110 or 119.

Voomer yes I did get signal strength on what is suppose to be 101. Transponder 1 thru 5 were 0. 8 and 12 was 85 and I think 20 might have been 86 also not sure this is at my daugther's house and I keep bad notes. Also others jump between 0 and 36 strength intermittent. See if what I am fixing to said is logical. I think that the multi-switch is stuck on 110. I did find chart where transponder 8 and 12 on 110 is part of directtv. That is reason I am getting strong signal on these two transponder. My receiver just thinks it on 101.

martin1 said:
Voomer yes I did get signal strength on what is suppose to be 101. Transponder 1 thru 5 were 0. 8 and 12 was 85 and I think 20 might have been 86 also not sure this is at my daugther's house and I keep bad notes. Also others jump between 0 and 36 strength intermittent. See if what I am fixing to said is logical. I think that the multi-switch is stuck on 110. I did find chart where transponder 8 and 12 on 110 is part of directtv. That is reason I am getting strong signal on these two transponder. My receiver just thinks it on 101.

When you go into setup on your receiver YOU can pick 101,110,119 and get readings of your signal strength on all transponders of each sat.

If you find a lot of low readings on 101 it is possible you may need to Adjust your dish.. If you had a meter you could do this at the dish .

martin1

dishrich said:
Actually Austin is on 101...

Martin - Dishrich is absolutely correct All of your programming for Austin should be on the 101 sat,only some secondary market locals are on 119 .
You should have approximately 9 locals listed in your area all from 101 along with your regular programming package.

VOOMER said:
Martin - Dishrich is absolutely correct All of your programming for Austin should be on the 101 sat,only some secondary market locals are on 119 .
You should have approximately 9 locals listed in your area all from 101 along with your regular programming package.

Thank's
Then if I am getting my local's then I must be getting the 101 Sat and the multi-switch shouldn't be the problems. I has a site at one time that has all of the listing of what was on each Sat and on what transponder but have misplaced it. Can anyone tell me where I can find this infor again. Thank everyone for all the tech help. I am one of those hardheaded person and sometime it take a while for things to soak in.

martin1 said:
I has a site at one time that has all of the listing of what was on each Sat and on what transponder but have misplaced it.

www.lyngsat.com

Note that on D*, it will only tell you what is on each sat, but NOT what is on a specific x-ponder. (other than if it's on a spotbeam x-ponder or CONUS)

Thanks
Everybody for the help. It was just a not so good install. When it was install the highest signal the installer got was 85. I finally got upon roof and there was loose bolt etc. After tighting bolt and readadjusting I am now getting the signal strength to peak at 95 or above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts