phase III no signal on most tp's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

toralamabr

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
indianapolis
Ok I am new to all this do it yourself and I need help. I am trying to upgrade my old dish to a phase III. When I install the new dish on the mount and try and point it I can only get a few tp's on 101 the first 2 rows are all 0's and the last 2 only the last 3 I get 97 100 98. the last row is 95 or better for all but the first tp and the second to last. On 110 and 119 I get 0's. any idea what is going on? I'm in indianapolis and am useing E-38 A-218 T-64.

Your aimed at 110 not 101. Why are you setting up a Phase 3, today it seems an 18" or a Slimline are what is needed?

OK I see what your saying... I think I am looking at 119 then not 110. cause 110 only has 3 tp's. so if I am thinking right I need to point it at 110 so I can pick up 101 and 119 from both sides then. Does that sound right?

No, look for the 101 first & let the others fall into place. Nice plumb level, swing her around for the 101, elevate then tilt. I like to have the tilt estimated for my area first but the Phase three is very easy to do on the fly. Do yourself another favor & just use the main signal meters for each bird instead of the individual transponders; 95 across the board is what you're looking for.

If you're interested in all the new HD stuff, a slimline dish is what you should be looking for (99 & 103).

Have fun.

:p

edit: for Indy I can't think of anything on 119 off hand. 110 has the 8 or so HD channels in the 70's. 101 has all the national SD stuff in Mpeg-2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)