phase III no signal on most tp's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toralamabr

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
indianapolis
Ok I am new to all this do it yourself and I need help. I am trying to upgrade my old dish to a phase III. When I install the new dish on the mount and try and point it I can only get a few tp's on 101 the first 2 rows are all 0's and the last 2 only the last 3 I get 97 100 98. the last row is 95 or better for all but the first tp and the second to last. On 110 and 119 I get 0's. any idea what is going on? I'm in indianapolis and am useing E-38 A-218 T-64.

Your aimed at 110 not 101. Why are you setting up a Phase 3, today it seems an 18" or a Slimline are what is needed?

OK I see what your saying... I think I am looking at 119 then not 110. cause 110 only has 3 tp's. so if I am thinking right I need to point it at 110 so I can pick up 101 and 119 from both sides then. Does that sound right?

No, look for the 101 first & let the others fall into place. Nice plumb level, swing her around for the 101, elevate then tilt. I like to have the tilt estimated for my area first but the Phase three is very easy to do on the fly. Do yourself another favor & just use the main signal meters for each bird instead of the individual transponders; 95 across the board is what you're looking for.

If you're interested in all the new HD stuff, a slimline dish is what you should be looking for (99 & 103).

Have fun.

:p

edit: for Indy I can't think of anything on 119 off hand. 110 has the 8 or so HD channels in the 70's. 101 has all the national SD stuff in Mpeg-2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)