Philadelphia local channels in New Jersey?

aatzaz

Oct 3, 2009
Jersey City
Ok, so I live in Jersey City, NJ and I am a huge Eagles fan. Unfortunately, I'm not able to catch many of their games because I only get local channels for New York based on my location. I would get NFL sunday ticket but I can't really afford it right now. Anyway, I was just asking, is there anyway to get local channels for Philadelphia while living in Jersey City? Please help!!

Ok, so I live in Jersey City, NJ and I am a huge Eagles fan. Unfortunately, I'm not able to catch many of their games because I only get local channels for New York based on my location. I would get NFL sunday ticket but I can't really afford it right now. Anyway, I was just asking, is there anyway to get local channels for Philadelphia while living in Jersey City? Please help!!

I'm in the same boat as you, however reversed. I'm originally from North Jersey, now living South about 40 minutes from Philly. I can no longer get NY locals and I hate the Philly locals. I tried going through different avenues, cable, satellite, Fios and no one could provide the NY locals in my area, however if I were to move about 10-15 miles north, I can get both NY & Philly locals....It's stupid! So, the answer to your question is NO, unless someone know's some way around it that I don't know???

I'm in the same boat as you, however reversed. I'm originally from North Jersey, now living South about 40 minutes from Philly. I can no longer get NY locals and I hate the Philly locals. I tried going through different avenues, cable, satellite, Fios and no one could provide the NY locals in my area, however if I were to move about 10-15 miles north, I can get both NY & Philly locals....It's stupid! So, the answer to your question is NO, unless someone know's some way around it that I don't know???
All Americ Direct offers NY locals..You need to "move"

Seems like if you "moved", most of New Jersey should be able to see either the NYC or Philadelphia locals on satellite.

Find a Philly address as your service location and "move". Keep the billing to your current home address. Buy a digital antenna for your NY locals. Then you will get both.

ummm...i understand your issue, as when i go to trenton they get philly locals but when i go to 80 miles south to the shore they get nyc locals which is dumb...

for the guy in j.c. yea i would just move my address with customer svc but dont setup a dish mover, just update it online or something and go buy a digi antenna and feed it into the converter to get ya nyc locals

as for the guy in south jersey???????i'm not sure i dont think the raw feed from nyc will reach more then 60 miles out but i could be wrong, this is crazy b/c i know the spot beams for both sets of locals cover damn near the whole state so they should let u choose but there r dumb laws with that

The Philly HD locals are on 61.5 TP11 (spotbeam 4) and NYC HD locals are on 61.5 TP15 (spotbeam 3). If you have decent signal strength on these TP's, you should be able to receive them. All you need to do is "move" to a service address in the correct city.;)

ummm...i understand your issue, as when i go to trenton they get philly locals but when i go to 80 miles south to the shore they get nyc locals which is dumb...

for the guy in j.c. yea i would just move my address with customer svc but dont setup a dish mover, just update it online or something and go buy a digi antenna and feed it into the converter to get ya nyc locals

as for the guy in south jersey???????i'm not sure i dont think the raw feed from nyc will reach more then 60 miles out but i could be wrong, this is crazy b/c i know the spot beams for both sets of locals cover damn near the whole state so they should let u choose but there r dumb laws with that
NYC locals (big 4) are availble nationnaly on dish network thru all america direct
https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ ou just need to find an adress that qualifies

not "stupid". it's called "must carry"...

FYI, this is the way NJ is divided right now.

new_jersey.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)