Phillips mrr 660 stuck turning itself off and on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edchuckndoug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
My Phillips multi room receiver is stuck turning itself off and on just like the Phillips dsx 5500 and dsx 5540 which I understand was caused by a software update that was sent out to receivers. Directv is replacing these two receivers free of charge but not the MRR 660. It happened the same time as the others, beginning of June. any one have any ideas. Lost two receivers when this thing died. Is it the same problem with the other two models/ Same problem, same time, same manufacturer.Any guys in the know if the same software update would have affected the mrr660 in the same way?

I know they do not make it anymore but if it was a software update from DTV that caused this they should replace it with at least one receiver but they are saying only the dsx 5500 and 5540 were affected by this does anyone know if the same hardware that was affected in these units is the same in the dsr660

they would be covered under the protection plan however this if I am correct was caused by D* inadvertently and they are replacing receivers 5500 and 5540 fre of charge with rcvrs with the same system are there any admins or someone with knowledge of this? and they are in house units, are you talking about the new d-10's etc. if so that has nothing to do with it.

edchuckndoug said:
.Any guys in the know if the same software update would have affected the mrr660 in the same way?

Yes it would.
The probable cause was not a change in the software, but a change in the way the guide is described in the stream. One problem that may cause these reboots has been located in a part of software which is common to dsx 5500 and the mrr.

This problem is still under investigation and is taken very seriously by our engineers.
If you can provide any scenario that systematically causes such reboots, please let me know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)