Philly DMA and H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all...its been almost 6 months with this receiver and from what I am seeing, the HD locals still have audio problems. Before i pull the plug on this receiver, Im I the only one out of the Philly DMA having this problem? The old HD channels on the old sat log fine, its the MPEG 4 channels that realy stink!!

And why is Dish net adding more HD and Direct isnt??

theslag said:
Hi all...its been almost 6 months with this receiver and from what I am seeing, the HD locals still have audio problems. Before i pull the plug on this receiver, Im I the only one out of the Philly DMA having this problem? The old HD channels on the old sat log fine, its the MPEG 4 channels that realy stink!!

And why is Dish net adding more HD and Direct isnt??

I'm also in the Philly area and noticed this same problem again this morning. I usually don't watch the local "HD" channels unless it's a network program in full HD, but I have noticed with the local channels the audio is off just enough to notice and make it annoying.:confused: :confused:

yes...you are right...channel 10 is the worst...i think fox is the best out of all of them...and 10 is the channel that all the shows are on that I watch. I guess for 5 bucks a month its not that bad, but will it ever get better?? The channels on the HD package are a joke, there is nothing ever on.

Why is Dish getting all the new HD channels??

The HD locals here in Detroit are hit or miss too. This MPEG4 transition is a growing pain, to say the least. It was back to pixelization of the picture again last night on the local CBS affiliate. It seems like its been something with the MPEG4 locals every week. Its annoying.

Allentown area

I'm in the Allentown PA area and get the Philly HD locals. They suck! NBC constantly has audio sync issues and ABC is always cutting out or pixilating. I was lucky to have been receiving NY locals, which have far less problems, but was recently informed that I would be losing those.

I think in general the picture quality is better as of late, but the other issues are frustrating...

figured you may like some info for comparisons sake. I get all the philly channels OTA 40 miles away thru my HDtivo and a DB8. I have occasional audio drop outs on ABC shows...just a few seconds..but pic stays fine. So that must be an abc thing. It's maybe 1 time a week or so.

NBC has been virtually perfect the last few months. Occasionally they forget to flip the switch and i have to watch something in a few minutes of SD...and one time there was a network error with law and order freezing for 5 min...but otherwise. all my OTA is virtually perfect.

sorry ur mpeg4 is so bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)