Sorry Another HR10-250 Phone Line Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rustolemite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Pineville, LA
I have a hr10-20 and no longer have phone service so i get the nag screen .. but what i am wanting to do is buy another hr10-250 for my parents under my account, because i have access to the nation network hd feeds.. but can they hook this unit up to their phone line to activate and either leave it hooked up or not ..??

thanks

rustolemite

rustolemite said:
I have a hr10-20 and no longer have phone service so i get the nag screen .. but what i am wanting to do is buy another hr10-250 for my parents under my account, because i have access to the nation network hd feeds.. but can they hook this unit up to their phone line to activate and either leave it hooked up or not ..??

thanks

rustolemite

If it's under your account, you do NOT want to plug the phone line in at your parents, D* has been known to see a different PH # and want full charge for programming instead of the mirroring fee...
Of course you would possibly be leasing now, so that might be different now.

I guess I would get it set up at your house with your phone line and then after it is up and working I would then take it to Dad's and NOT plug the line in and see how it works.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)