Phoenix area..h20/Hr21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BNDAZ

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Just ordered an upgrade..in the process i asked if i could have an hr21-700( black).
I was told they had no control over which product i would get , but would notate it on the work order.
Anyone have an thoughts on this...standard?
What is being installed in this area currently?( personal experiences)
Thanks

Last edited:
When I was in the Phoenix area (Gilbert) we received one of each.

What is your need of the HR21? the color/look?

I'm in gilbert as well, yes, i just like the aesthetics of the 700.
Is there anything feature wise that makes one better than the other?

Last edited:
I live in Surprise. I January I asked for HR20's to get the ATSC tuners, but they said they had no control. I got HR21's. I think the HR20's are rare to come by. If you do not want to chance it, I know that locally Costco and Best Buy both carry HR21's.

Well, i got the HR21-200 in black.
But i am confused, what does the ATSC tuner do...because i get my locals in HD on this unit.
THAT said, i have my guide set to "channels i get" but is there any way to eliminate the DTV and payperview channels?

ATSC is the OTA digital tuner; sub-channels, most smaller and independent local channels will be available via OTA but not yet via DBS retransmission. If you do not watch those; then its no loss; if you do, then you want ATSC.

You can manage your channels via the FAVORITE CHANNEL LIST setup.

Thanks, i suppose i dont know what i am missing, perhaps when the AM21( i think that is what it is called) add-on unit is available i will add it...
How do i get to the favorite channel list set-up?

Your TV likely already has an ATSC tuner in in and you can use that to determine if you even want/need the add-on devise.

Via the setup menu.

found the set-up..create a custom in favorites by adding all channels i get then eliminating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)